Oyaide C-079 IEC Connector

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

You would have to look into it.

I know mine was slightly expensive to buy, as came as a complete mains lead, off of a hi spec cd player, on a good cable and plug.

If you look on the web, there are companys that sell them, for a lot more than the E-bay ones,dunno, its a funny one...

A

Anonymous

Bargain ! p.s its a supra cable ! poor bloke...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220571215286&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

A

Anonymous

I picked up 3 x supras with furutech connectors on each end for a good price last month on flea bay, some punters don't know what they are selling as you found it with that stupidly low bid...lol

Fake Oyaide's are not in the same league as the genuine one, usually made by Nicoon in china or some other faker, cable clamps break very easily if you tighten them too much so beware.

A

Anonymous

I would be a bit worried about buying fakes. There is a safety element to consider here after all.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
reggaedave:

Well it may be the...

chord powercord lead..

Supra lorad 2.5..

Supra lorad 1.5..

SY 2.5 mains cable..

or a belden! lol

Hi Reggaedave,

How does the chord powerchord compare with the supra 2.5 lorad soundwise?

Im interested in your feedback. Which chord powerchord do you have?

Cheers

Steve.

A

Anonymous

At the min ive got...

CDP - via Supra lorad 1.5 (with Oyaide on). ( fed thro a Russ Andrews supercube)

AMP pre - via chord powerchord.

AMP pwr - via chord powerchord.

powerchords this one..

powerchord-300.jpg

The supra 1.5 and the chord i think are about the same quality wise.

The supra cable i had, the 2.5 one, i stripped the lead down yesterday, cores are made of many multi strands of silver, big, insulated well, quality.

Will either recconnect and use for power amp, or make two leads out of it and do both of my amps with it.

I would say that both the supra 1.5 and 2.5 are quality cables, well worth it for the money.

The supra 2.5 was the best on my power amp defo...

dave

A

Anonymous

ive just temp set my hifi back up, if i can get some pics sorted ill post in your system during this week coming..

A

Anonymous

yes on big power usage...

Did like the chord on the cd player mind. The Chord Powercords copper cored, 1.5mm..and the big Supra's Silver 2.5mm, massive cable when you see it in your hand. E-bay have them made up now and again for £30ish, bargain

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Reggaedave,

I use it on the eichmann power board with other units plugged into it. I also use a furutech fp-314ag which Im impressed with too.

The other power chords Ive tried:zion pe power cord - quite warm beffy sounding cable lacks a little in sparkle, DH labs I found the mids to forward, amber the sound is sweet but lacks a little bass. Olflex I found brightens up the sound - a little too much in some systems.

I use the amber on my cd player and olflex on my amps.
emotion-1.gif

Cheers,

Steve.

A

Anonymous

It's very easy to spot fake Oyaides. Oyaide don't as a company allow their products to be sold on E-bay, so be careful of anyone selling Oyaide on Ebay, there are unauthorised.

True Oyaide plugs come with the holographic Oyaide Logos on each plug, plus they come in a metal canister, fakes dont.

The best cable for Oyaide plug is the Oyaide Tunami.

A

Anonymous

silly:It's very easy to spot fake Oyaides. Oyaide don't as a company allow their products to be sold on E-bay, so be careful of anyone selling Oyaide on Ebay, there are unauthorised.

True Oyaide plugs come with the holographic Oyaide Logos on each plug, plus they come in a metal canister, fakes dont.

The best cable for Oyaide plug is the Oyaide Tunami.

Not all Oyaide on e-bay is fake my friend, so be careful.

A

Anonymous

Stereolad:I would be a bit worried about buying fakes. There is a safety element to consider here after all.

The british public tend to forget about things like safety when they are bagging a so called bargain, agree?

A

Anonymous

mains cables r us:

Not all Oyaide on e-bay is fake my friend, so be careful.

I didn't say they were, read again. I said Oyaide DONT ALLOW their products to be sold on Ebay.

I work for Oyaide so I know their polices.

TRENDING THREADS