Overwhelmed newbie / usedhifishop

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks, I bought a system about a week ago from www.usedhifishop.co.uk, went to his premises yesterday and saw some simply amazing stuff. I didn't have time to listen to much but one set up that really caught my eye was some simply gorgeous looking Pioneer reference series kit. He had an M73 power amp, PD91 Cd player and a F91 tuner. I notice this morning that the cd is sold, deeply upsetting but there you go. Anyway, does anybody know anything about this stuff? I want to go back and have a listen but he is currently expanding in to another unit so don't want to disturb him without doing some research first. What do you guys think? He also has some amazing looking Celestion A3's and a simply devine Pro-ject turntable. Well over my budget :-( I also saw a few pairs of older speakers that he seemed to rate quite highly. I am still delighted with what I bought last week but this hobby is so addictive I expect the government to tax it soon:)

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Pioneer Reference series.

Arthur SG.

matthewpiano

I would say the Pioneer stuff is well worth a listen, particularly the amp. In the early 90s Pioneer were on a roll and produced some sublime kit. I've tried so many different amps from all sorts of manufacturers but I've been most completely satisfied by my current Pioneer A400 - an amplifier that is well worth looking out for. For me, it gives current amps up to £1000 a run for their money as long as it is partnered carefully.

T

the record spot

I saw that Pioneer as well and the M73 is a monster power amp - well worth considering. I think it originally retailed for serious cash back then (£1k plus), and if it's in the kind of condition the guy says, that could well be a winner. Very powerful too - 170w at 8ohms; just check your speakers can handle it!

The only thing you'd need to consider is a suitable pre-amp to partner it.

A

Anonymous

good bloke at green home. i've dealt with him twice in the past, got a cracking c+a amp of him.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the responses guys, I might go and have a look in the week. I shouldn't really but can't stop myself
emotion-6.gif

Mr Mucus - I have met Dave, I bought some stuff last week, he is indeed a great guy to deal with, doesn't push you in to spending more than you can afford and seems to really care about selling you the right thing. Makes a change from curry's and the such like.

Thnaks again gents,

Arthur

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts