Out of phase speakers ?

Jared Rapsey

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, just added some front hight speakers to my set up and re-calibrated using set up Mic and is coming back with the front left speaker and my centre speaker out of phase and set them to reverse I have checked my wiring and all is fine.

Is there a problem with my speakers

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you still using the Yamaha amp & if so try re-running the calibration settigs again.. I have had a yamaha before the present Amp & to be honest once you have checked all wires & if given the option of ignore the out of phase bit on the amp & you are sure all wires are correct i would ignore it.

This can sometimes happen using different lengths of wire & different types of the same makers wire for example: QED Original for the front L/R &C & then using QED Silver Micro for the surrounds .. this can be caused by a very slightly different resistance, even though wired correctly.. always check they are wired correctly before deciding to ignore the Amp.

I have had a similar problem with my Pioneer amp saying exactly the same as yours, so i re-ran the calibration & it said thay were fine, all mine have exactly the same speaker cable to all 7 speakers.

Regards..

Jared Rapsey

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply

Yeh I'm using chord silverscreen for the fronts and centre and chord leyline for the rest so that could be it.

cant really tell that there is a problem with the sound, I have added front heights and it sounds great from a few bd's I have spun.

Now I want to try and get sound from all 9 of my speakers but my amp is only 7. 2, I have had a look online and with some 9.2 amps you can use the pre outs with a stereo amp and get 11.2 so I was hoping that this was the case with 7.2 to 9.2.

i can't see the point in getting a new amp at the mo due to such little content for atmos or dts-x.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Jared Rapsey said:
Thanks for the reply

Yeh I'm using chord silverscreen for the fronts and centre and chord leyline for the rest so that could be it.

cant really tell that there is a problem with the sound, I have added front heights and it sounds great from a few bd's I have spun.

Now I want to try and get sound from all 9 of my speakers but my amp is only 7. 2, I have had a look online and with some 9.2 amps you can use the pre outs with a stereo amp and get 11.2 so I was hoping that this was the case with 7.2 to 9.2.

i can't see the point in getting a new amp at the mo due to such little content for atmos or dts-x.

Sorry to say it depends on your receiver. You'll have to read the manual. But in principle, yes, you could add a modest stereo power amp to drive the other two channels.

If you have a hifi or "proper stereo" as I call it as well, you can also take the front left and front right outputs and feed those into, say, the "Aux" inputs on your stereo amp, but the speakers wither side of the TV. You might have to adjust two volume knobs instead of one from time-to-time, however, to get the right balance between the "proper stereo" and the AV receiver driven speakers.

Jared Rapsey

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I have spoken to Yamaha today and this is where it gets tricky you can add a stereo amp to get extra channels but the amp isn't clever enough to send the correct sound that say a 7.1 encoded disk to the fronts via a the pre outs it would just free up channels for music use.

9.1 or 9.2 channel amps are different they have the ability to go from 9 to 11 channels but even the best 7 channel amps can't understand the idea of send the right sound to the speakers it's connected to and send other sound to another amp.

shame ( unless anyone tells me different )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts