Optional cartridge? What are they thinking of?

It's pleasing to see the new Elac turntable is available without a cartridge.
Wonders will never cease.....,and a ten inch tonearm to boot.
Looks promising, and they join the several brands who sub from Clearaudio, including Naim. I agree that not having to have the cartridge is a good option.

My current favourite at that price is the Thorens TD1500, including the 2M Bronze, for £1999 (though in some listings it looks like theBronze may have been downgraded already)

Reactions: Al ears
Looks promising, and they join the several brands who sub from Clearaudio, including Naim. I agree that not having to have the cartridge is a good option.

My current favourite at that price is the Thorens TD1500, including the 2M Bronze, for £1999 (though in some listings it looks like theBronze may have been downgraded already)
I see Thomann UK doing them for £1766 with the Bronze which is pretty good price.

I see Thomann UK doing them for £1766 with the Bronze which is pretty good price.
Yes, I saw that but though that price must attract VAT or customs charges. It’s called ThomannUK but isn’t it based abroad? I’m not seriously in the market but don’t understand how they can undercut everyone if it’s not tax related.

EDIT: I see they say they deal with customs so no duty to pay!

Reactions: Al ears

Gray

Was that because of shipping, or a duty/tax thing?
That's a good question.
Although I returned the headphones to a UK address, they ultimately got forwarded to Germany. I think that what used to be a free return policy....has changed.
They now seem to find it necessary to claw back some of their swallowed original extra cost for supplying UK customers - in the event that those customers return items.

I've had no such trouble with Bax Music, (based in the Netherlands) when returning to their UK address. (Though I'm not sure about their current return policy).

I know that Thomann has satisfied customers, but I was not impressed. They took my order, but somehow seemed to forget it. Took me a while to sort that out.
I will not be using them again.

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS