Oppo DV-983H Universal DVD Player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello Andrew,

Did you have the opportunity to test the long-awaited Oppo Universal BD Player?

I've just checked their european website and it's out now : http://www.opposhop.com/index.php?object_id=index&action=index&params[last_view]=1

Personnaly, I would be very much interrested to know how it compares with the brilliant Sony XA5400 ES SACD Player, in terms of Super Audio CD replay of course.

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

I too have been waiting for the Oppo BD with interest, but unfortunately we will have to wait a little longer. According to the Oppo website -- both the US site and the European one to which you referred -- the product has yet to be launched. As exciting as an $500 odd Oppo BD will no doubt be, I would be surprised if it outperforms an $1500 Sony BD.

A

Anonymous

Please disregard this post. The new universal BDP from Oppo, the Oppo BDP-83 is not out yet. Unfortunately...

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
just had this replay from oppo about the BDP-83 release

We anticipate selling the BDP-83 over the next couple of weeks,
with general public orders occurring Monday May 18th.

happy days.....

A

Anonymous

Let's hope Andrew gets one, wherever it comes from, before the 18th of May!!

Andrew, if that happens (I cross my fingers), will you post your impressions here or will you reserve them for the print issue?!

Please, forgive my impatience.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
AFAIK it's the US version due on sale May 18th. My response from Oppo in Europe suggests there isn't an on-sale date yet set for the European version.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts