Oppo BDP-83 has arrived in my house.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Will, don't forget to get yourself some DVD-Audio discs. There were more mainstream music releases on DVD-Audio and it wasn't far short of SACD quality. I've just ordered the best of R.E.M. on DVD-Audio. One of the best discs I used to own was Rumours by Fleetwood Mac on DVD-Audio, sells for a fortune now.

A

Anonymous

I've got a few DVD-As but not the Rumours disk though I am keeping an eye out for it! :) Good tips Pete, cheers mate!

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Will Harris:A group of us are going to do a blind testing day covering a whole range of BluRay players: Denon DVD A1UD Denon DVD 3800BD Pioneer BDP-LX91 Oppo BDP-83 Sony BDP-S350 Sony PS3 I think that's the line up. It's be going into a Pioneer Susano amp, Pioneer KRP600A screen and PMC OB1i fronts and complimentary surrounds. So should be a fairly incredible testing day. We'll be checking calibration and levels are a match the night before and then running the testing blind, covering analogues and HDMI bitstreaming of DVD, BD, SACD and CD. Can't wait to bring you the results!

Yes Will, please do! Would be very interesting to hear what you found out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts