oppo 93

deany

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
can someone help me. i play all my movies through a wd hard drive. does the sound performance stay the same if i connect it directly to tv or would it sound better connected to oppo bluray bdp93. what i mean is is the oppo re producing the sound or doent it matter what the hard drive is plugged into. is it hard drive that produces the sound. thanks

jjbomber

deany said:
can someone help me. i play all my movies through a wd hard drive. does the sound performance stay the same if i connect it directly to tv or would it sound better connected to oppo bluray bdp93. what i mean is is the oppo re producing the sound or doent it matter what the hard drive is plugged into. is it hard drive that produces the sound. thanks

The easy answer is to try both and see what's best for you. My money is on the Oppo.

You need to give full information of your system including brand names, which will help us understand your system better which will help us give a better response. What sound system is it? Have you got an AV receiver? Who decodes audio? How is the sound system connected to the TV? If you connect the WD to your TV, how does it go to the sound system? Via optical cable or HDMI?

deany

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i think youre missing the point mate. what im saying is whatever source the hard drive is plugged into ie bluray player or tv is the source responsible for reproducing the sound.

It's not that straightforward, that's what I'm trying to say. If you have a film that has Dolby True HD sound, if the equipment is not able to decode Dolby True HD, it will get downgraded. Some TVs downgrade all sound to stereo, even if you feed it with 7.1 sound.

deany

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
right tv and bluray player connected to nuforce avp-18 processor and amp. both by optical. both can decode dolby digital into 5.1. so where would it be best to connect the hard drive tv or bluray player. same question really

If both can decode audio to 5.1, then it shouldn't matter. I would personally connect it to the Oppo. Bear in mind that optical does not carry HD sound, and connecting the Oppo to the Nuforce via HDMI is recommended if you want lossless HD audio.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts