OPPO 4K/UHD Blu-Ray

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Alsone said:
...and what's the disc loading times?

Half past 7 in the morning and 9pm sharp in the evening.

*biggrin*

As I've clearly been out manoevered I rephrase it. How long does a UHD Blu Ray take from insertion in the tray (with close tray / load / play pressed) to the usable menu / play state?

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
gel said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
Seen it in action today...
What's the verdict then, David? Ta
Dunno, they're not out yet! The picture I saw was stunning with Deadpool...

C'mon David, I presume there's not an embargo on info as they're already publising approximate specs and it's been on view at a trade show, so how about some info on loading times, and sound quality?

We're all hanging on threads here.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Alsone said:
C'mon David, I presume there's not an embargo on info as they're already publising approximate specs and it's been on view at a trade show, so how about some info on loading times, and sound quality?

I've emailed Oppo to find out if the embargo still stands - I can't really say anything until it is lifted unfortunately. Not that I'll have all the answers even if it is lifted!

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
Alsone said:

I've emailed Oppo to find out if the embargo still stands - I can't really say anything until it is lifted unfortunately. Not that I'll have all the answers even if it is lifted!

Ah OK so you are under an embargo. I understand then.

Interestingly, there's a video out there from what appears to be an Oppo event at a castle that reveals some specs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbWi-8kiIhA

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Must admit, don't know what you think of the remote, (maybe you'll be unable to comment), but I thought it was a real let down for such a high end product. I at least expected something with a metal skin and not just a lump of black plastic.

I know it's only a small detail but for £600, you expect more than a remote that looks like it's come from a £20 DVD player.

Could at least try and do something a little bit like LG have done with their TV remotes:

lg_oled65e6v_06.jpg

I don't know what Panasonic offer, but I expect a little more for the money. At least give use a brushed black Alu skin Oppo to match the player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts