Oppo 203 Review - There is no darbee processing in the 203?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
Ok, think I got the beginning now:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mS4ruZ4n_AQ

Its saying standard definition though, what do you think to this one?

you need to select highest quality in your YouTube settings when you upload the video.
That's high definition (I think from memory). I can't seem to select 4k, any ideas? This one was done in standard definition!

Im not sure but HD will look a lot better than SD, but will take longer to upload!
It says it needs a wifi connection for high definition. I just managed to switch 4K on for the iPhone, still not sure what I am getting though.

Don't upload via your phone's data as it will cost you a bomb! Don't you have wifi you can use at home?

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
Its def a 2.40:1 film

Should be black bars top and bottom gel - you must have it zoomed?
Oh yes I did for Knebworth Blu ray!
regular_smile.gif
watching Status Quo earlier. I thought I had switched it back, will try again tomorrow night, but will use Amazing Siderman 2 too. HDR is even more obvious on that.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
Ok, think I got the beginning now:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mS4ruZ4n_AQ

Its saying standard definition though, what do you think to this one?

you need to select highest quality in your YouTube settings when you upload the video.
That's high definition (I think from memory). I can't seem to select 4k, any ideas? This one was done in standard definition!

Im not sure but HD will look a lot better than SD, but will take longer to upload!
It says it needs a wifi connection for high definition. I just managed to switch 4K on for the iPhone, still not sure what I am getting though.

Don't upload via your phone's data as it will cost you a bomb! Don't you have wifi you can use at home?
Yep, won't switch to Wifi though to get high definition, it's just fixed on standard definition.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Watch it how you want Gel I was just checking.

The Shallows is an interesting one I would like to try in UHD - because when you blow the 1080p up to a large size at close range its not actually that clean when you compare it to something like Lucy for example on the same system. I am trying to work out if my viewing distance is punishing 1080p or if I am just too close to the AT screen material. I think a bit of both as some stuff looks much better than others

I had the same thing this weekend I actually bought the UHD of the Magnificent 7 for when the time comes for a UHD Player. Just watced the blu ray and I was really dissapointed with both the picture and sound. I know its meant to look old, and probably sound old to add character but I wasnt very impressed - yet it gets 5 star reviewed for picture and sound somehow? So I would like to see the UHD version to compare.

Then the twist I bought the Nice Guys for only £7 on blu ray - the picture was still made to look old but was far less dissapointing but the sound was absoluetly awesome - gun shots actually sounded like gun shots - considering I had seen about 10 million gun shots the day before in the magnificent 7 it really stood out

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
Watch it how you want Gel I was just checking.

The Shallows is an interesting one I would like to try in UHD - because when you blow the 1080p up to a large size at close range its not actually that clean when you compare it to something like Lucy for example on the same system. I am trying to work out if my viewing distance is punishing 1080p or if I am just too close to the AT screen material. I think a bit of both as some stuff looks much better than others

I had the same thing this weekend I actually bought the UHD of the Magnificent 7 for when the time comes for a UHD Player. Just watced the blu ray and I was really dissapointed with both the picture and sound. I know its meant to look old, and probably sound old to add character but I wasnt very impressed - yet it gets 5 star reviewed for picture and sound somehow? So I would like to see the UHD version to compare.

Then the twist I bought the Nice Guys for only £7 on blu ray - the picture was still made to look old but was far less dissapointing but the sound was absoluetly awesome - gun shots actually sounded like gun shots - considering I had seen about 10 million gun shots the day before in the magnificent 7 it really stood out
No, thanks for pointing it out I definitely switch it back after watching that Blu-ray.
regular_smile.gif
So what's holding you back buying a 4k Blu-ray player? I will try and do a video of Lucy because that looks really good! I swear WHF told us one time how to do videos on YouTube using 4K but to be honest I didn't pay much attention - that will teach me!

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
Those videos are no good gel 240p and do you have a movement option selected on the TV - like smooth or something like that?
Yep, I will keep trying to get it in HD but it won't switch. Yep, I just have it on factory settings at the moment (I think).

D

Deleted member 2457

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrhwRarpdA

I think I might have to do this via my laptop, this guy is using a Mac (I think).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts