Opinions on NAD C370?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys a friend of mine has told me about a friend of his who is looking to sell his NAD C370 for 120.00, initially i thought fantastic but then i recalled seeing that the NAD C372 was very poorly received so does that mean the C370 was also poorly received?

A

Anonymous

I've read many times that 370 is better than 372 though I never heard 370, so I can not comment which one is better. But this one might help on your decision:

http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/nad/integrated-amplifiers/c-370/PRD_125131_2717crx.aspx

A

Anonymous

The NAD C370 is an excellent amp. I've had it and I loved it.

It won the "Product of the Year 2000" in the What HiFi Awards. They described the C370 as a "Dynamite amp that has power and poise in equal measure".

Get it - you will not be dissapointed.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Its a good amp with bags of power

Great sound but i felt that it lacked a little bit of smoothness in the midrange and sometimes the treble could become harsh when the amp was running loud!

A

Anonymous

Ah thanks guys just noticed one advertised on ebay to but it says

There is a fault
with the amp but it's not major - all the inputs can be heard at the same time,
so if you're playing a CD AND Radio together you can hear them both regardless
of input setting.

Now my amp only serves 2 purposes, one is cd player and one is auxillary for the tv, so would this affect me?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
IMO i'd leave it and go for another one if possible or the NAD C320BEE amp

To be honest; for what youre going to use it for i doubt that youd notice much difference

A

Anonymous

Ah but I love loud music and plus that extra power surely gives it more grunt at lower volumes and not to mention a fuller sound. However I appreciate that that particular one on ebay i should probably leave alone.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Just because the C370 has more power doesnt necessarily mean it'll play louder etc...

The C320BEE has 50w per channel and believe me; it kicks out bags of power :)

A

Anonymous

Very true it's not just about volume and i have no doubt the C320 BEE has bags of power, because the C320 is no slouch either. By the way I just realised that you are also a member of other forums, small world lol.

A

Anonymous

FFS lol, i swear i typed the word, but here it goes again a v forums.com

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Ah right no worries haha...

Yeah; i usually nosey around on other forums; i dont post on there much apart from recently as i'm looking to sell my system

Sari

Aug 16, 2007
Visit site
It is really good, I had one for 5 years, after which I sold it on ebay for £230 (couple of months) ago to a very happy buyer. You will get a bargain. It can fill even a very large room, but still have detail.

A

Anonymous

I seem to remember the C370 being a total powerhouse that has watts for breakfast and ohms for lunch.

A

Anonymous

hi fi newbie:

Ah thanks guys just noticed one advertised on ebay to but it says

There is a fault
with the amp but it's not major - all the inputs can be heard at the same time,
so if you're playing a CD AND Radio together you can hear them both regardless
of input setting.

Now my amp only serves 2 purposes, one is cd player and one is auxillary for the tv, so would this affect me?

That sounds like an easy thing to fix, unless the input selection is done digitally rather than with some sort of dial.

Even if you can't fix it, you could just spend a tenner on your own phono switch box and use that to select the input instead of the amps...

I would be worried though that this fault might just be the tip of the iceberg, perhaps a symptom of a greater fault.. or just one that includes extra THD.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts