Opinions on Marantz Pearl Lite?????

jimmylee73

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys

Can anyone share any views/opinions/impressions of Marantz PM-KI Pearl Lite amp???

Speaker pairings?

Would be really appreciated!

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Well I think it is great, so much so that I bought one for home. To me it is an involving listen and a much more rounded sound than the higher end models from Marantz - I really didnt get on with the standard Pearl. Speaker wise I paired mine with some Dali's but in store we normally pair with the Tannoy DC6T. Right now we are running in some Castle's and as a combination that really works - certainly a lot of sound for the money.

Tim2010

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Owner of Marantz KI Pearl Lite / B&W 685 speakers.

Satisfied customer :)

Great for sacd and cd playback.

frequently used for:

- dac for pc based audio (spotify premium, lossless rips, high resolution audio) (usb connection) (96/24)

- dac for radio (via satellite receiver) (toslink)

- dac for my marantz ud5005 (dvd-audio): self burned high resolution audio discs (up to 192khz) (coax) (max. 192khz/24bit possible)

- ipod connection (sound quality also very good)

Much functions for your money. Maybe not so analytical as e.g. Roksan Kandy, but I don't know if that's really a "con".

For people that love a "warm" sound this is a great player. I prefer a small bit of warmth and colorisation over sterile and analytical. A matter of taste ...

PS: Ken Ishiwata now recommends Boston Acoustics speakers, so that would be another speaker option.

TRENDING THREADS