Open box deals at Sevenoaks

WayneKerr

Ten-years ago I bought an ex-display Panasonic plasma from SSAV for a very good price... it came with free screen-burn :) I'm sure technology has moved-on regarding this but think I would shy-away from purchasing and ex-diplay TV ever again. The only reason I keep the Panny is the picture is still excellent and it has 3D capability, as does my player.

I’m not trying to make waves here Al, but why do some retailers get their sales and clearance items regularly promoted on these forums? You never see any representatives of any of those retailers on this forum, and yet the smaller independents never get a mention? I appreciate some might pay to advertise in the mag or online, but that’s what they get for their money, that’s what they’re paying for. Independents spend their time (which is still valuable) to get stuck in and help people here, so how about similar treatment?

It is Christmas after all… :)

I’m not trying to make waves here Al, but why do some retailers get their sales and clearance items regularly promoted on these forums? You never see any representatives of any of those retailers on this forum, and yet the smaller independents never get a mention? I appreciate some might pay to advertise in the mag or online, but that’s what they get for their money, that’s what they’re paying for. Independents spend their time (which is still valuable) to get stuck in and help people here, so how about similar treatment?

It is Christmas after all… :)
Quite a few dealers get a mention in this section of the forum because they are offering good deals.
I realise smaller establishments may not be able to issue items at such a discount as can Costco and John Lewis and the like, for obvious reasons, but then that's always going to be an issue, nothing I can do about it.
If you or others have brilliant bargains then tell people about it on social media etc, that way it might get promoted on the forum.
By the way I am not belittling the benefits van independent dealer can bring, just wish there were more of you, but understand financial constraints.

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts