admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone else here left the dust covers on their speakers too long and ended up with two tone speakers as a result?! I took mine off for the first time in a long time and the cabinet area covered by the dust cover is considerably lighter! Does it even itself out after a while if i leave them off for a good while?
emotion-7.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
That can be an issues with real wood veneers as they fade in sunlight over time. I doubt if it'll even out unless you can cover the part that's already been sun-bleached.

My dust covers only ever get put on when friends/relatives bring their brats kids around.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:
That can be an issues with real wood veneers as they fade in sunlight over time. I doubt if it'll even out unless you can cover the part that's already been sun-bleached.

My dust covers only ever get put on when friends/relatives bring their brats kids around.

My little boy (20 months) generally doesn't touch the Dynaudios but insists on trying to put the grilles on when I want them off!

A

Anonymous

I have a similiar problem i have to over come at work with dust covers on dining tables. Use T-Cut or watered down white tooth paste on on a area hard to see. Varnish or laquer is basicaly a clear paint so it responses well to t-Cut, is excelllent on watet stains too.

Vance

A

Anonymous

An interesting suggestion! Im just going to leave the dust covers off for a good while and see if it evens out a bit, as i would think the lighter wood should darken up quite a bit no its not covered by dust covers? If that fails i may try the t cut route, but the natural oak finish on the neats is quite a textured grain so im not sure if that will affect the outcome........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts