John Duncan

...shiny

IMG_9428.jpg

John Duncan

They do, Ben. Full review to follow...

@Alan: thiiiiiiis much.
@PP: get down Unilet for the Blue Murder sale, they have some fantastic ex-dem bargains that might be right up your street.
@Rod: not counting chickens but am quietly optimistic, thanks for asking.

John Duncan said:
They do, Ben. Full review to follow... @Alan: thiiiiiiis much. @PP: get down Unilet for the Blue Murder sale, they have some fantastic ex-dem bargains that might be right up your street. @Rod: not counting chickens but am quietly optimistic, thanks for asking.

Cheers John. They normally send the list through to me. I might just chase them up on that.

John Duncan

CustomCable said:
A set of DB1SA-II's definitely won't look as good as them :)

You're right there, Phil, but at least you can reconcile yourself with the fact that yours sound better than some of the competition...;-)

Thanks for your help, always an absolute pleasure doing business with you.

John Duncan

cse said:
What made you choose the PMC's over the Neat Petit SX,s, John?

There's no doubt that the SXs are a fantastic speaker, and arguably best the DB1is in the tautness of their bass, especially where i have them positioned, but aesthetically they were never going to get the thumbs up from Mrs JD - they're quite a bit bigger than the DB1is.

I've always loved the PMC sound, and the DB1is are - prima facie - quite a step up from my old +es (though admittedly they were in a very different system from the one I have now, which obviously plays a part).

John Duncan said:
cse said:
What made you choose the PMC's over the Neat Petit SX,s, John?

There's no doubt that the SXs are a fantastic speaker, and arguably best the DB1is in the tautness of their bass, especially where i have them positioned, but aesthetically they were never going to get the thumbs up from Mrs JD - they're quite a bit bigger than the DB1is.

I've always loved the PMC sound, and the DB1is are - prima facie - quite a step up from my old +es (though admittedly they were in a very different system from the one I have now, which obviously plays a part).

Now you've had'em about a week, the burning question is what do they sound like?

John Duncan

Well I was away in France Sunday to Wednesday, so I've only really had them on on Friday night. Give me a little while to get the requisite fifteen hours on them...

But straight out of the box (and given a foot from a back wall, which is not where they normally are), they sound fantastic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts