Onkyo TX-SR875 upscaling Dear Clare.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can the upscaling on the Onkyo tx-sr875 match something like the Denon 3930,Arcam 139,Marantz dv9600.If not how about Marantz dv7001?. Knowing that it has a very similar chip build in.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, I was still flying back to the UK when you posted your original question....

In our experience, the Onkyo's video upscaling is exceptional. And of course it'll upscale anything you put through it - including TV - not just DVDs.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It may well be, but the Denon isn't the best DVD player in its class (that's its sibling Marantz).

And meanwhile, as stated, the Onkyo will upscale everything from your DVDs to TVs to games consoles to bloomin' VHS....

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
It may well be, but the Denon isn't the best DVD player in its class (that's its sibling Marantz).

And meanwhile, as stated, the Onkyo will upscale everything from your DVDs to TVs to games consoles to bloomin' VHS....

[/quote]
Thanks Clare.
Excellent.
I want to know if the upscaling quality on the Onkyo 875 is as good as those from the products i listed in my last post:Denon 3930,Arcam 139,Marantz 9600 or 7001.
thanks bye

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's a very good question, but i'm afraid one I can't answer - we haven't yet done upscaler comparisons between receivers and players for the mag. I'm sure it's something one of our test guys has tinkered with, however, so will ask their opinion on Monday.

Personally I feel the receiver angle is the way forward - why just upscale DVDs when you can upscale everything? The difference it makes to SD TV, for example, is incredible.

watten1

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I wonder if I may ask a question which is relevant to this strand?

I have recently purchased an Onkyo TX SR875 and am generally very happy with it audio wise. However, I have not seen any upscaling benefit at all from any of my inputs. I have a Sky HD box which I have connected using an HDMI cable to the AV which in turn is connected via HDMI to my Pioneer 42" TV which supports up to 1080i. I have seen no change to SD pictures.

To watch DVDs I have a fairly old Denon which is connected video wise straight to the TV via Scart (doesn't support HDMI) so I should not expect any upscaling there. However, I also have X Box 360 Elite connected through HDMI to the Onkyo and from there and out to the TV and there is no difference in DVD picture quality that I can see using that route.

I see from your earlier post that you said that SD picture quality is enhanced using the Onkyo and I therefore wonder whether there is something that I should have done set up wise and wonder whether you could help? Thank you in advance.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Your Sky HD box should be set to automatic and then let the Onkyo output at 1080p. OK, so your Pioneer will then have to downscale to suit its resolution, but it should be adept at that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts