ONKYO TX-NR809 or 1009

A

Anonymous

dont know why text isnt there but my onkyo tx-nr905 is dying (hdmi board failing) so thinking of replacing it with either the onkyo tx-nr809 or 1009 any thoughts on if these, are a good replacement ?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Either will be more up to date than your 905, and be quite a step up in quality, for movies, and 2-channel audio quality in particular. If I were replacing a 905, I'd ideally be looking at the 3009. While the jump up to the 1009 isn't much of a gain in terms of useable facilities, the jump to the 3009 is, particularly for the Audyssey XT32 room EQ processing, which is one of the best out there at the moment. If the 3009 isn't an option, the 1009 will retain the build quality of your 905 and give the improvements I listed earlier.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that, is the 3009 worth the extra £800 though over the 1009?

im using monitor audio rs8s with rslcr centre and 4x rsfx rears ?

the_dude2

Aug 25, 2007
Visit site
I dont mean to hijack the thread, but i have an 805 with problems when playing my xbox, the sound stays, but the screen goes blank. i was wondering if it was the cheapo HDMI lead i was using but reading about your comments re the HDMI board dying has got me thinking/being paranoid.

How did you assess its the board that is at fault?

many thanks.

A

Anonymous

the_dude2 said:
I dont mean to hijack the thread, but i have an 805 with problems when playing my xbox, the sound stays, but the screen goes blank. i was wondering if it was the cheapo HDMI lead i was using but reading about your comments re the HDMI board dying has got me thinking/being paranoid.

How did you assess its the board that is at fault?

many thanks.

I have not had it profesionaly checked, although I did speak to genserve over the phone about pink/green lines on the screen, but sometimes the screen is just black, there is always sound though, it is an intermitent fault because for the last few days it's been fine, (fingers crossed) I googled it and hdmi board failler is known with some onkyos, I'm told it's because of the heat the video chip produces.

Hope this helps.

the_dude2

Aug 25, 2007
Visit site
thanks, yes it does help, that sounds like the problem i am having.

It certainly does get warm, even though i have a reasonable amount of space around it. Maybe i should have bought a fan to blow over it. Still might do actually as it may help to keep it working for a little while longer.

Although i think the heat is mostly due to the amplifiers, they are very good, they just run very hot!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts