Onkyo Sky HD set up help

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi just changed my tv to a Sony 50W829 and connected same way as my old samsung where I had SkyHD,PS3 and Xbox via hdmi into receiver and then via hdme into tv arc hdmi port, also had optical from sky box to receiver.

My picture didnt seem as sharp on new tv so connected Skyhd via hdmi directly into tv which i think made it sharper but now my receiver only putting out 3:1, how can i get it back to 5:1 whilst leaving sky hdmi directly in tv.

Cheers

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
hybridauth_Facebook_647032664 said:
My picture didnt seem as sharp on new tv so connected Skyhd via hdmi directly into tv which i think made it sharper but now my receiver only putting out 3:1, how can i get it back to 5:1 whilst leaving sky hdmi directly in tv.

I think you are seeing Dolby surround not 3.1. If you look at the small boxes that depict the speakers you might have L,C,R and 1 surround. If you got .1 the box by itself should have LFE in it.

To get 5.1 select Dolby Digital in your Sky box settings though I read in another thread that some people were having trouble getting their AVR to decode 5.1 from SKY. You don't need the optical cable anymore as your SKY box should transmit 5.1 over HDMI.

With the picture looking different I would make sure your TV picture settings are set correctly. You may have enjoyed your Samsung with the sharpness set to high. On your Sony, idealy the sharpness should be on 0.

Turn all fancy settings off on your Sony TV like any enhancements. If you have or know someone with a set up disc set the brightness, Contrast and colour and you should have your picture back. A Blu-Ray will give you a better representation of your TVs performance than SKY will.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts