Onkyo Question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello people!

First post and hope you can help me. I was all set to purchase the Onkyo CS515 however have noticed Currys selll a cheaper one (CS315). Does anyone know the main differences? Does anyone have any opinions on which one I should go for. Normally I would've went for the CS515 no problem but I'm tempted now to spend £100 less and get a free Onkyo ipod dock (which is the current offer)..

All advice appreaciated

Cheers

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi there,

We haven't tested the CS315, I'm afraid, but the CS515 is such a good system.....

Not all systems are the same from the same manufacturer: for example, the Onkyo CS715 (£700, without speakers) is a good system, but nowhere near as impressive on a sound-per-pound basis as the CS515. Maybe that's the case with the CS315, of course...

Personally, I'd buy the CS515 and save up for an iPod dock afterwards - the matching Onkyo unit's only £65 list price, so i'm sure you can find a deal if you shop around.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
the Onkyo CS715 (£700, without speakers) is a good system, but nowhere near as impressive on a sound-per-pound basis as the CS515. [/quote]

Bloomin 'eck - where do they sell it at that price? Do they actually sell any? First price check I can see on the web is less than half that! and that seems to be around the going rate.

Paul.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, that was a typo on my part.

To clarify, the CS715 is £300 without speakers - whereas the CS515 is £300 with speakers. Was only the price that was wrong, not the comment, though!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts