Question Onkyo NR545 good enough for Dali Opticon?

Arthurious

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm relatively new to HiFi and everything surrounding it. A few years ago I bought a 5.0 set (Jamo S426) with an Onkyo NR545 receiver. Last year I graduated, giving me the means to upgrade my speakers. I've fallen in love with the sound of the Dali Opticon series (2x the 8, 2x the LCR for surround and the Vokal) and am planning to buy them in September.

I was always under the impression that I'd had to buy a good receiver/amp (1-1.5k) for something like this, but since then I've heard otherwise. I should mostly look for the features apparently and not fret too much about the specs unless it's a very cheap one. Now, the NR545 is by no means high end or whatever, but I've never had the idea I needed more features, so my question is: will the NR545 work with the Opticons? I realize that I should and will upgrade the receiver a few months after, but will it work and not sound too cheap in the meantime?

Florestander

May 8, 2021
Visit site
Speak to your local dealer(s) who can give you advice and will most likely let you listen using your current and proposed source through whatever speakers you are considering. Auditioning is really the best way, because what may sound acceptable or great to your ears, may appear different to others - there are certainly some decent amplifiers to be found in the price bracket that you are considering.

TRENDING THREADS