Onkyo Amp and Canton Movie 125 MX sub wiring question

bicandbob

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

My brother in law is having trouble working out how to wire up his Canton Sub to his Onkyo Amp. I am going over at the weekend to help him set the system up, as I have had some experience versus his nil. But this is what he said in his email to me -

'... but connecting the amp to the sub is foxing me. The old one was a simple phono connection. This one has a double phono connection and not sure if I have to use both or can get away with one. The instructions aren't much help either.'

I would have thought it was fairly straight forward, but if anyone has done this, and can give me a heads up on something unusual, i would be grateful. (I have a bit of a 'home cinema' reputation to maintain with him).

Thanks

bicandbob

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Both are new really, but he did buy a Boston Accoustics 5.1 system originally for it, but it was faulty, so he returned it. It is only the entry level amp i think, the SR608 i think.

Thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Well the amp has two sub-outs, either of them will work but I'd use the top one, I couldn't find any pictures of the Canton Sub's connections but the WHF review tech specs show two line level inputs for the sub, so just use one of them, I doubt you'd need both.

bicandbob

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
thanks - I need to correct my earlier info, it is a 309 amp, so probably just the single sub out. he has just emailed me a picture of the back of the sub. You have your hi level inputs L and R/mono, and your low level inputs, again, L and R/mono. I presume just a straight forward connection from the sub out on the amp into the R/mono low level input should do it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts