Onkyo 875/905 - faulty units now going to be swapped out by Onkyo, UK purchased models only.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

turn unit on, then press and hold 'display' and 'standby' together.

A

Anonymous

garethwd:i messed with mine then put them back to default! best setting for me.

Is yours an 875 or 905? I can't get to the reon menu on my 875 with V1.7 firmware.

A

Anonymous

an 875! ive always used the display button on the remote, there is also one on the unit itself are you pressing that one? If your running 1.7 it should work

A

Anonymous

I was using the button on the unit. It works from the remote. Thanks for the help. Not sure why anyone would need to change these settings as I'm pretty sure we all have the same settings on our screens???

A

Anonymous

Is there a fault on these machines that means they will fail?

Are 905s bought recently going to be trouble free? Does the fault relate to older machines only? Is there a list of affected serial numbers?

A

Anonymous

I think it depends on your firmware version. One of the fixes was to stop a 'bitstream bomb' which appears on some blu ray discs encoded with DTS-HD Master Audio. Basically an extremely loud bang. Depending on the age / firmware of your unit it may have to go back to Genserve to have a component removed and the firmware installed. Get in touch with Genserve or your dealer. When I found out about this I got in touch with my dealer (Sevenoaks in Bromley (who are excellent by the way)) and they replaced my unit with a brand new one with the latest fixes preinstalled.

A

Anonymous

mv:turn unit on, then press and hold 'display' and 'standby' together.

Thanks - that works. Version is 1.09 - I presume that is quite recent?

A

Anonymous

Mine was brand new out-of-the-box just over a week ago and has the 1.08 version of the firmware? Is this likely to need updated? As I've previously had 2 875's that suffered the display fault, I'm not keen that it repeats with my shiny new 905!!! Any help or advice greatly appreciated!

A

Anonymous

The front display on my Onkyo TX-SR875 has just 'died', a problem which, having done a bit of internet research, does not appear uncommon. Annoyingly, my one-year warranty expired last week.

I believe someone above mentioned Genserve as a company that could perform a repair. Does anyone know what sort of price I'd be looking at for a repair? Given that the receiver is rather unwieldy, would they be likely to collect it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
stringo:
The front display on my Onkyo TX-SR875 has just 'died', a problem which, having done a bit of internet research, does not appear uncommon. Annoyingly, my one-year warranty expired last week.

I believe someone above mentioned Genserve as a company that could perform a repair. Does anyone know what sort of price I'd be looking at for a repair? Given that the receiver is rather unwieldy, would they be likely to collect it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Genserve are on 01793 875753. They will send a courier to collect your amp. Make sure it is well packaged though, as they won't accept liability for damage in transit if it's poorly wrapped. Shouldn't cost you a penny either. Turnaround in 7 days or so.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, I don't have the original box anymore because it was massive and I have limited storage space. Do you have any idea what sort of makeshift packaging would be acceptable? Loads of bubble wrap for instance? Or would I have to scrounge a massive cardboard box from somewhere?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts