ONKYO 605 AND QUAD LITE SPEAKER PACKAGE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I recently purchased a Onkyo 605 Av receiver, and are very pleased with it. I am looking at partnering it with the Quad lite package, please can anybody let me know their thoughts on how these will match? I was in a local shop last week, and he said Japanese amps tend to be bright, and may not partner well?

I like the idea of a sub with remote control, and the recent price cut to £595 seems to make it a good buy?

I would appreciate if somebody is able to assist me, Im also looking at what speaker cable I should partner with it, I dont want to spend a huge amount, but dont want to use bell wire! For the sub I will be using the Chord Cobra 3 RCA leed.

The equipment Im using are, Panasonic TH37PX600 Plasma, Sky HD, Panasonic DVD recorder DMR EX75, Onkyo 605 AV receiver

Many thanks

Jamie

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JCS123"]
I was in a local shop last week, and he said Japanese amps tend to be bright, and may not partner well?

[/quote]

Nonsense - that's a myth that died about two decades ago. The 605 will work very well with the L-ite speakers.

[quote user="JCS123"]

Im also looking
at what speaker cable I should partner with it, I dont want to spend a
huge amount, but dont want to use bell wire! For the sub I will be
using the Chord Cobra 3 RCA leed.

[/quote]

Then I'd suggest you think in terms of Chord's Carnival Silver Plus speaker cable for the rest of the speakers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks alot for the reply, and great advice

Im also considering in future, to change the Quad lite package to 7.1 by buying some Quad 9L2 for front speakers when the price drops a bit. Do you think these would partner well? I see these were reviewed in October, and acheived 4 star mainly because of price, and because the bass wasnt great. I am hoping they will suit my set up as the quad lite subwoofer should make up for the bass?

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

I currently own some Quad 21L floorstanding speakers and I'm considering buying the L-ite speaker package to go with my new 605. Would my 21Ls match well with the L-ites if i were to use them as fronts, and take advantage of full 7.1 surround? Also what kind of speaker stands will work with the L-ites satellites? I have some budget Sonas speaker stands (http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/1027536/Sona-HCS-4G-Surround-Sound-Speaker-Stands/Product.html), will these be compatible?

Sorry to jump into your thread like this but I've seen the L-ites for £525, which is a price i just can't ignore :)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="CookieDude"]Would my 21Ls match well with the L-ites if i were to use them as fronts, and take advantage of full 7.1 surround?[/quote]

Yes, provided you also bought the matching L Series centre speaker.

[quote user="CookieDude"]Also what kind of speaker stands will work with the L-ites satellites? I have some budget Sonas speaker stands, will these be compatible?[/quote]

Yes, they should be fine for the surround speakers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick response andrew. Very tempted by the L-ites now, do you know the model number of the matching centre speaker to the 21Ls (apologies if I've just asked a very obvious question)?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts