onkyo 309 or 509 or Sony STR-DH810?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am a complete newbie to home cinema and about to set up my 1st system.

My needs are for watching movies, playing PS3 and listening to music (without having to have tv on) via ipod and cd deck.

Should the Onkyo 309 suffice (i don't need the networking capability really of the 509) or does the 509 sound much better - is it really worth spending the extra money?

Or is the Sony STR-DH810 that got the entry level award of best receiver last year better than 1 of the Onkyo's?

(Just to note thinking of pairing up the receiver with Jamo A102 HSC6 speaker system.)

A

Anonymous

Just bought the onkyo 509, the network/internet radio is brilliant well worth the extra cash, was going to go for a Sony, bloke in shop recomended this and i am very happy....

Juzzie Wuzzie

I have the 308 and it meets my needs perfectly - especially when teamed with an Apple TV (1st gen) which allows for digital music and internet radio (the latter being my vice).

Run into the Jamo A102 HSC5 system, and it is perfect for my listening room (4m x 5m) as far as I can tell. If I had the space, obviously a bigger, more powerful system would be better, but at the moment, I am content.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts