Onkyo 1008 or Onkyo 709?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am currently adding a projector set up to my existing system so i now need to upgrade my existing receiver Onkyo 608 to one which has 2 outputs. I am extremely happy with my Onkyo so would be looking to keep to the same brand. I have done a bit of research & have found that the 1008 & 709 can be bought at similar prices. So my question is which one would be the better bet? i have some MA RX8 fronts with RX Centre & RXFX surrounds.

The other option would be to use a HDMI splitter on my 609 but i am worried this may effect the picture & sound quality? Can someone confirm or deny this?

Thanks

Andy

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
As per the other thread you wont have an issue with the splitter. There will be other gains moving from a 608 to 709 though. How do you intend to use the dual outputs - TV and Projector? Are they both in the same room on the same wall?

A

Anonymous

Yes both in same room TV & Projector so will watch TV for everyday use then Projector for Movies & live Sport.

So choice is sell my 608 for around £250 buy a 709 or 1008 for £700 mark (loss of £450) or buy a £40 active splitter?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The splitter is the cheaper option although I dont think you are losing £450 more spending it. You have probably seen a £150 depreciation on the 608 for the time you have used it. Stepping up to a 709 will give you other improvements. It would depend on the other things you are considering if it was worth it. Spending the £500 elsewhere in the system might give you bigger gains - what projector are you looking at?

A

Anonymous

Just purchased a Beamax m series high contrast 1.4gain tab tensioned in-ceiling screen & gonna hopefully partner it with a JVC x30.

The 709 be better than the 1008?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
With the X30 the next step is quite large so spending the budget on the new amplifier is a good move. If you can get a brand new ( not reconditioned) 1008 for the same money or less than a 709 that would be my choice.

A

Anonymous

Thanks!

May I ask why not a re-conditioned?

I have seen some brand new ones for £700 or a second hand one for £500.

Regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts