one set of speakers and two seperate amps?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im thinking of having an onkyo 605 or similiar for my BD when available, i will be running my stereo from my rotel ra-04 but only want one set of speakers which will also be the front of the surround sound aswell. question is can i have a device that wiil let me select which amp will power the speakers. Is this possible? ive seen a switch which lets you have 2 sets of speakers from one amp but i want the opposite ie 2 amps on set of speakers. note i will not be using both amps at same time ha ha

A

Anonymous

need to add to this that my speaker cable is bi- wire in case it makes a difference

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Have a read here and here.
[/quote]
A bit confusing that was for me. Im gonna be a blonde with this one. . What i suppose i should ask is this, I like my Monitors for my stereo, what i want to do is use these with the rest of the Br2 set for surround sound and stereo but i only want one set of speakers at the front hence the switch/device question? All av/stereo equip will be in one cabinet. If it was to hard or to for me to understand and more hassle/ loss of quality, i could buy a reciever that will play both me surround and stereo music. what would you suggest would be as good as my rotel ra-04 and still decode the raw hd sound from BD content? Im only aware of onkyos that decode true raw hd sound. If this is going to be to expensive for me then i will looking at the new Kefs 1005.2 (black ones) and the onkyo 605 for a room size 5m by 3.5m. (big enough i hope?). Phew. Sorry this is long winded but a lot of me hard earnt will be spent shortly so need to get right equipment.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, there are 'two amps into one pair of speakers' switches - one such is the Niles DPS-1 covered in this thread.

If you want an all-in one amp able to do both music and movies, I'd be thinking more in terms of the Onkyo TX-SR805 or TX-SR875.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
If you want an all-in one amp able to do both music and movies, I'd be thinking more in terms of the Onkyo TX-SR805 or TX-SR875.
[/quote] ok thanks for that last one (i hope) 805 and 875 better than rotel ra-04? thanks a lot for this much appreciated. p.s my wife wishes id never subcribed Ha Ha

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I didn't look at the links that Andrew inserted - guessed that it would involve my problems! If it didn't, well I had the same problem as you. I had a lovely Creek Evo amp but it did not want to sing with my AV receiver (at all!). I bought the Niles DPS1 (paid £40 and sold it for £25!), it didn't work with the Creek either (or should I say the Creek did not work with it). I then sold the Creek Evo and bought a CA 840A v1, which I love and rate better than the Evo and it allows me to play stereo (cds and radio) with my front two speakers and then all I have to do is switch it on, along with my receiver and it allows my speakers to be the front two of a 5.1 for cinema. All you need is an extra interconnect from receiver to amp and after calibration, hey presto.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts