ONE recommendation for Spotify

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
There's been a couple of threads recently with people giving recommendations for new artists and bands and as I've just installed Spotify Open to check some of them out I thought I'd open a thread whereby people can nominate ONE band/artist that they really think people should check out. Ideally it be something not so well known (so popular combos such as Kasabian or so forth would be a bit of a waste) and you've got ONE nomination, ONE*, so make it count! To make it interesting, don't say anything about what type of music it is, let people discover it without prejudice. You can recommend a good starting album if you want to. I'll start: I'd would go for Medeski, Martin and Wood, probably, to start with Uninvisible or End of the World Party (Just In Case), or the best of, Note Bleu. Your turn. *Yes I know, following the Awards nomination thread there's very little chance of people sticking to that but...

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Possibly too well known in Hi-Fi circles for this but as they are largely ignored in popular culture I will give them my recommendation:-

Blue Nile - Any album, any track.

idc

Top Scandinavian progressive rock band Anekdoten. Chapters is their best of and a good place to start.

PS Medeski, Martin & Wood are superb
emotion-21.gif

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
James Luther Dickinson - Dixie Fried

I was reminded of this album via the shuffle setting on the iPod on the drive to work this morning. I'm not sure they make 'em like this any more.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Howl Griff - though their new album isn't on Spotify yet. One of their band members used to work on WHF.....and now sits mere metres away on FourFourTwo
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

DavieCee:
Possibly too well known in Hi-Fi circles for this but as they are largely ignored in popular culture I will give them my recommendation:-

Blue Nile - Any album, any track.

Good shout and one of my permanent favorites...I will go for anything by my new fav female at the moment...Emil¡ana Torrini, but would highly recommend her 2008 album, Me & Armini...enjoy

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
Not sure if they're on Spotify as we haven't signed up to it yet, but check out Elysian Fields, particularly their Bleed Your Cedar album.

Just listened to her- very nice indeed :)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
gbhsi1:FrankHarveyHiFi: Not sure if they're on Spotify as we haven't signed up to it yet, but check out Elysian Fields, particularly their Bleed Your Cedar album.Just listened to her- very nice indeed :)

One of my demo discs
emotion-1.gif

I'll have to see if I can get Frank to pay for Spotify Premium so I can get together a list of the stuff we use for demo, and our own personal stuff - I have mentioned some of them on our blog, but Spotify would be better for most. Frank will have to do without one more ivory backsctratcher, but hey....
emotion-2.gif

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
im sure people have heard them but if not check a band called

TUNNG-(..and then we saw land)

just find a good listen and have play it a few times in the past 2months

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts