One of my christmas presents!

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
The who: who's next on vinyl. My brother decided to ask my what I want and this was it. No ordinary one though as I told him where to buy it:

One of The Who's finest records, this album needs no introduction and according to some critics is their best album. Much of the album derives from the 'Lifehouse' rock opera that Pete Townshend abandoned after a nervous breakdown. There is no unifying theme behind the songs, but the album is arguably a more cohesive album than 'Tommy' and falls only slightly behind 'Who Sell Out' as their finest record. Includes the classic tracks 'Baba O'Riley' with its melodic opening and the scathing 'Behind Blue Eyes'. Classic have truly managed to get more from the master tape for this release, that easily surpasses the sonic quality of prior audiophile pressings and recent CD remasters. See in store for a full range of Quiex-SVP audiophile LPs.

Audiophile mastering

This is a 200 gram weight (!) high-quality and super quiet LP pressing from Classic Records as part of their 'Quiex-SVP' series. In contrast to many CD and LP releases that are mastered from fifth or sixth generation copies, Classic used the original master tapes and cut the album using their all analog and tube amplified mastering process; allowing every conceivable detail and nuance from the original recording to be translated to this pressing. The result is arguably the best sounding release of this album ever available, easily surpassing standard CD releases. As usual, Classic have lovingly presented the album in a deluxe package featuring a high quality thick original artwork sleeve and LP labels.

Track listing

1. Baba O'Riley
2. Bargain
3. Love Ain't For Keeping
4. My Wife
5. Song Is Over, The
6. Getting In Tune
7. Going Mobile
8. Behind Blue Eyes
9. Won't Get Fooled Again

Brand new and sealed.

Can't wait :)

A

Anonymous

Very very nice. I've been thinking about buying this album for a while... might have to see if i can find this copy!

A

Anonymous

very nice! ... I dont have vinyl, however bought a used cd in good condition about 2 weeks ago ... The Who - Live at Leeds ...

only other who cd I have from The Who is the one titled 'who's next'

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
dim_span:
very nice! ... I dont have vinyl, however bought a used cd in good condition about 2 weeks ago ... The Who - Live at Leeds ...

I will have to get the live at leeds in the new year :)

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
gbhsi1:dim_span:

I was there and when the LP came out I was disappointed as it was only half the concert - on the night they did a live performance of Tommy - it was the first time I had heard it and was blown away

So do get the deluxe CD - it has the whole concert

A night I will never forget

A

Anonymous

Greenwich_Man:

gbhsi1:dim_span:

I was there and when the LP came out I was disappointed as it was only half the concert - on the night they did a live performance of Tommy - it was the first time I had heard it and was blown away

So do get the deluxe CD - it has the whole concert

A night I will never forget

I have the deluxe version (2 cd's)

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
dim_span:

I have the deluxe version (2 cd's)

Great stuff - I prefer it to the studio Tommy - 'cos I was there.

I had been taken by a pal (he was a Who fan - I wasn't until I got there) 'cos neither of us had a valentine (it was Feb 14th) - so we had a boys night out.
emotion-1.gif

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Wish I hadn't looked at this thread. I used to have both of these albums. I think the live at Leeds was on Cassette! Sold both of them a few years ago (I don't know why!) but now thinking I might have to get them again.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Looks a super present.
I bought my copy of this in 1971 and it still sounds brill today.
The album has a great 3D soundstage, the drumming sounds as if it's coming from 6 feet behind the speakers.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Lost Angeles:
Looks a super present.
I bought my copy of this in 1971 and it still sounds brill today.
The album has a great 3D soundstage, the drumming sounds as if it's coming from 6 feet behind the speakers.
Listened to this new lp a few times now and I can say it is brilliantly recorded- even though I got it as a present, I will be buying audiophile lp's from audio affair & ofcourse, anywhere else I can find them.....it's sooooo good :)They cost between £20 & £40 (worth every penny I say)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts