ONE MAKE HOME CINEMA?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Latest list I have, and subject to incidents and accidents, inclement weather, acts of various gods and sheer ornery cussedness, is:

Harman/Kardon BDT-30/AVR 365
Marantz UD7006/SR7005
NAD T577/T748
Onkyo BD-SP809/TX-NR1009
Pioneer BDP-LX55/VSX-LX55
Yamaha BD-S671/RX-A1010

A

Anonymous

Looking forward to that, particularly how the Marantz stacks up against the pioneer.

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I look forward to it as well seeing as my subscription starts next month!
smiley-smile.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
CraigDS said:
What speakers are going to be used? I am really really looking forward to this issue.

Testing carried out using our Monitor Audio Platinum reference system; for each system we'll be suggesting both full-size and style speaker packages.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew,

I am suprised that they have not included a matching Denon pair?

Cheers,

Alkesh

P.S. I have an Onkyo BD-SP809/TX-NR609 as my matching pair, so come on Onkyo you can do it!!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
patel007 said:
I am suprised that they have not included a matching Denon pair?

Can only assume no Denon pairing was forthcoming.

Oh, and update to previous 'subject to change' list: final runners/riders are Harman/Kardon. Onkyo, Pioneer, Yamaha.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
If I recall, Cambridge Audio were working on a higher end a/v receiver - I think WHFSV videod the prototype last year at one of the shows alongside the BD751 prototype?

Did nothing come of that machine? (as a one-make pairing with the BD751 would have been interesting.)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
DandyCobalt said:
If I recall, Cambridge Audio were working on a higher end a/v receiver - I think WHFSV videod the prototype last year at one of the shows alongside the BD751 prototype?

Did nothing come of that machine? (as a one-make pairing with the BD751 would have been interesting.)

Yes, you recall – but it hasn't appeared as yet.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Obviously not as part of this test, but what are the chances of reviewing primare's bdp? This could make a very nice combo with their av amp, maybe a future 'temptations'?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts