One box or two

Scaffy

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
So, been thinking about one box system as I mainly listen to streaming now. I'd go as far as about £2,800 for a streaming amp. Looking at the usual suspects, Arcam SA30, CA Evo 75 and 150 and Uniti Atom just to name a few. But I'm kinda not wanting to give up on my Creek Evo 2 amp as it's been great the 12 years or so I've had it. Sounds great with my Dali Oberon 5s. My question and I know I know I'll need to audition, but would keeping my amp and getting a streamer say around £1000 mark (currently using Blusound Node 2i, older version) be better than outlay on say a 2.5k amp streamer. Or even upgrading with an external DAC

Juzzie Wuzzie

Wait until the new NAD / Cambridge Audio products are reviewed and make a decision post that? If what you have sounds great, why change that element (at great cost) when your streaming "upgrade" could be achieved without such a large outlay?

Scaffy

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I won't be upgrading for a wee while yet as still putting funds together. I do like the sound but feel could be better. More of a question for when I eventually upgrade. As I just wanted some opinions from different perspective to explore

So, been thinking about one box system as I mainly listen to streaming now. I'd go as far as about £2,800 for a streaming amp. Looking at the usual suspects, Arcam SA30, CA Evo 75 and 150 and Uniti Atom just to name a few. But I'm kinda not wanting to give up on my Creek Evo 2 amp as it's been great the 12 years or so I've had it. Sounds great with my Dali Oberon 5s. My question and I know I know I'll need to audition, but would keeping my amp and getting a streamer say around £1000 mark (currently using Blusound Node 2i, older version) be better than outlay on say a 2.5k amp streamer. Or even upgrading with an external DAC
In my opinion, yes, keep that amp and buy this :-
That, or buy this...

TRENDING THREADS