On the train...want to watch a tv show

DrizztDan

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Im on the train, i want to watch a tv show that I have on my pc at home,

now..are you guys saying that I seriously have to convert the file formats and sync it up..

Otherwise im getting another tablet that can just let me drag and drop.

Ipad is so good in so many ways, but itunes store...really? I already own my dvd/br i dont want to buy them again and convert etc...

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Ive just looked for VLC Media Player and cant find anything in the Apps Store. Well I say that...I can find VLC Streamer but dont know if that is the same thing.....it says thats for streaming movies from your PC to the iPad.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately VLC Media Player got pulled from the Apple store because of Apple's terms and conditions on the App store being in conflict with the GNU license of the player.

A good alternative is apparently CineXPlayer (though you wouldn't think so from the latest reviews). I've not used it to comment either way I'm afraid.

EDIT - quick search also threw up OPlayer which at least has a Lite version so you can try before you buy.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Seeing as I couldn't find VLC Media Player, I downloaded movie player instead......paid for app but seems to be very good and supports most file types. really easy to use and adding films is a doddle. I've added five films this afternoon and all of them play fine on the iPad.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
AnotherJoe said:
If u had an android and vlc remote - u could just stream them over wireless/3g.

Because that works well on trains doesn't it.

You like android, don't like apple. We get that. So why feel the need to drop in to an apple section of the forum? I've had both, each has their plus and minus points, but each is a good os on good devices. I wouldn't criticise anyone for choosing the one they prefer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts