Oled questionnaire

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Several 930 owners have complained about screen uniformity problems, with greyscale reproduced unevenly across the panel.

I'm not in the market for a new TV right now, but if I was, this issue, combined with non-functioning calibration controls, would put me off.

Maybe it's best to wait for 4K OLED sets to drop in price and for LG to fix any problems. Then again, videophiles perhaps expect too much of consumer grade sets, and I tired of waiting for Panasonic to produce a problem free plasma (rising blacks, floating blacks, the 50Hz bug, blobs, tints, bands...).

There's no reason to assume LG will resolve issues on later OLED models, especially if prices fall and the company seeks to cut manufacturing costs.

Stick with what you've got, Gel. The 980 may be the best around for quite a while!
regular_smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
Several 930 owners have complained about screen uniformity problems, with greyscale reproduced unevenly across the panel.

I'm not in the market for a new TV right now, but if I was, this issue, combined with non-functioning calibration controls, would put me off.

Maybe it's best to wait for 4K OLED sets to drop in price and for LG to fix any problems. Then again, videophiles perhaps expect too much of consumer grade sets, and I tired of waiting for Panasonic to produce a problem free plasma (rising blacks, floating blacks, the 50Hz bug, blobs, tints, bands...).

There's no reason to assume LG will resolve issues on later OLED models, especially if prices fall and the company seeks to cut manufacturing costs.

Stick with what you've got, Gel. The 980 may be the best around for quite a while!
Yep, cheers. I've seen the tint problems first hand on the 930 too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts