Oled questionnaire

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Just wondering now Oled is here and pretty cheap, who wants one?

I got one how about you?

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
Eventually when I need to replace my KRP I'll think about it if there's nothing better by then but I'm in no rush.
Cheers.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Yes I do want one gel but...a few issues are stopping me from jumping in just now so I'm in no rush and my Samsung 55f8000 is still going strong and suits me perfectly right now.
Have you noticed any issues with image retention on your LG OLED gel?
I think next year is the earliest I would consider an upgrade depending on the quality of OLED TVs on the market at the time.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Yes I do want one gel but...a few issues are stopping me from jumping in just now so I'm in no rush and my Samsung 55f8000 is still going strong and suits me perfectly right now. Have you noticed any issues with image retention on your LG OLED gel? I think next year is the earliest I would consider an upgrade depending on the quality of OLED TVs on the market at the time.
Nope, no issues and mine is ex-display. It's a great TV, definitely recommend. I saw the new Oled in Currys today too and that was really good too.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I always upgrade every 5 years because of warranty so, hopefully OLED plus 4k should be well bedded in by then.

im pretty happy with my VT at the moment but never say never :)

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
A 4K OLED tv would be great, i'm not sure how long i would keep my current tv for, if 8K is in 5 or 6 years time i may upgrade then, i would definatly like an oled tv though probably from samsung.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Series1boy said:
I always upgrade every 5 years because of warranty

Oh dear. In that case maybe I should put my bedroom Pioneer PDP-428XD (bought in July 2008) and the front bedroom Pioneer LX5090 (September 2009) in the bin! I can't afford to replace them with something in-warranty though! *smile* Especially as they both, TOUCH WOOD, seem to be working okay ....

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
Series1boy said:

Oh dear. In that case maybe I should put my bedroom Pioneer PDP-428XD (bought in July 2008) and the front bedroom Pioneer LX5090 (September 2009) in the bin! I can't afford to replace them with something in-warranty though! *smile* Especially as they both, TOUCH WOOD, seem to be working okay ....

Yeah I thought that was a pretty bizarre comment as well, I'll upgrade my tv when it breaks, I think it's just out of warranty, I can't actually remember when I bought it but I hope it won't be any time soon before I need to replace it.

And if that isn't asking for trouble I don't know what is...

D

Deleted member 2457

Having warranty or not does affect the price. I saw Pioneer 5090 go with warranty even a year sell for £1000, now with no warranty go for £500. At the moment I seem to be upgrading every year due to faults or just because it's better and I fancy it. I have learnt to wheel and deal quite a bit now, and I always get John Lewis warranty which is transferable and the best TVs at the time if I can.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Son_of_SJ said:
Series1boy said:

Yeah I thought that was a pretty bizarre comment as well, I'll upgrade my tv when it breaks, I think it's just out of warranty, I can't actually remember when I bought it but I hope it won't be any time soon before I need to replace it.

And if that isn't asking for trouble I don't know what is...

i didn't say I throw my kit In the bin nor did I say I don't trust the kit to work after warranty expires. My 6 year old panny plasma is now in my bedroom, not in the bin. My 10 year old focal speakers ara also not in the bin. My Cambridge audio DVD playa is 8 years old and guess what, that's not in the bin.

Why do you people have to be clever with your comments on other members posts. You 2 are the worse of the worse picking people up on how they 'Quote' etc etc.........

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Series1boy said:

Series1boy said:
i didn't say I throw my kit In the bin nor did I say I don't trust the kit to work after warranty expires. My 6 year old panny plasma is now in my bedroom, not in the bin. My 10 year old focal speakers ara also not in the bin. My Cambridge audio DVD playa is 8 years old and guess what, that's not in the bin.

I'll just tamely observe that upgrading kit only because it had fallen out of warranty seems a strange reason to me. Mind you, I see that you and I DO have one thing in common, in that we shunt older stuff to other rooms when newer kit arrives! *smile*

Series1boy said:
Why do you people have to be clever with your comments on other members posts. You 2 are the worse of the worse picking people up on how they 'Quote' etc etc.........

Sorry, I didn't set out to be the worst of the worst. You'll notice that I didn't choose any of your posts to make a mild observation about precision quoting, which is not hard to do and really does help in directing the next reader's attention, The_lhc and I are certainly not the only ones to practise it.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
And getting back to OLED, I wonder how one would have fared against the 4K sets in the shootout in Leeds on 29th November ....
It would've been the best. *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

Looks like Oled TVs are getting four stars just because they are not 4K! What do you think to this? I don't think I agree with it.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
Series1boy said:

Series1boy said:

I'll just tamely observe that upgrading kit only because it had fallen out of warranty seems a strange reason to me. Mind you, I see that you and I DO have one thing in common, in that we shunt older stuff to other rooms when newer kit arrives! *smile*

Series1boy said:

Sorry, I didn't set out to be the worst of the worst. You'll notice that I didn't choose any of your posts to make a mild observation about precision quoting, which is not hard to do and really does help in directing the next reader's attention, The_lhc and I are certainly not the only ones to practise it.

and if you noticed, I was on about my TV every 5 years, nothing else and was answering Gels question re purchasing OLED. I upgrade every 5 years; I could do this earlier just as gel does, but what's the point when I have a 5 year warranty. For you to make a sarcastic comment about how I upgrade wasn't called for.

regarding my point of 'quotes', you missed this completely. YOU are always picking people up on how people should use the forum. I remember you having a dig at Gel a couple of weeks ago regarding how he uses quotes. I've notice you on various other posts always correcting people on what they type.

so why don't you read what you type, think about what other people will think before you press the save button.

back to topic; in five years, I hope OLED 4k is more established because if it is, it will nicely fall into my upgrade plans. Is this better!

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers for looking out for me mate, appreciate it, I am okay with things, nothing bothers me. *smile*

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Contrast on OLED compares to nothing I have seen so far, brightest brights & darkest darks. Also more natural.. I think people look at sharpness which is just half the story of TV enjoyment. To me most of the 4K tvs do not look natural. Am a very happy owner of the LG 930V

Native_bon said:
Contrast on OLED compares to nothing I have seen so far, brightest brights & darkest darks. Also more natural.. I think people look at sharpness which is just half the story of TV enjoyment. To me most of the 4K tvs do not look natural. Am a very happy owner of the LG 930V

Well, you haven't see a 4K OLED yet. ;)

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:

The problem with that. If you keep waiting for the nxt best thing you would never ever buy any thing, cause by the time you ready to buy OLED 4k, the next breed of tvs will have something better.. Never ending wait for the next best thing. Am very happy with my set right now.

Native_bon said:
bigboss said:
Native_bon said:

The problem with that. If you keep waiting for the nxt best thing you would never ever buy any thing, cause by the time you ready to buy OLED 4k, the next breed of tvs will have something better.. Never ending wait for the next best thing. Am very happy with my set right now.

There's nothing on the horizon beyond 4K OLED yet, and 4K OLED's coming next year. Yes, there will always be better TVs. But 4K will last for a good while. People are talking about 8K, but in reality, you need a TV bigger than 85 inches to appreciate 8K.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
simonlewis said:
Wrong bb, sorry but 4K OLED is available right now, just under six and a half grand though.

Its available to pre-order, due Jan 2015 (technically next year :) )

http://www.hillsradio.co.uk/lg-65ec970v.html?gclid=CKf5gtTN0MICFUXKtAod5...

Hmmm maybe, i've just clicked on a few sellers that say january 2015 but electrical discount says up to ten days i'm just not sure how honest they are being.

http://www.electricaldiscountuk.co.uk/store/p/tvblu-ray-homecinema/televisions/ledtvs/LG-65EC970V/?gclid=COuO4_bP0MICFVDHtAodgE0AAg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts