Question OLED/QLED Reliability Issues

cjms100

Mar 19, 2021
Visit site
I am thinking of buying a new QLED or OLED TV. Is there a problem with the long term reliability of Samsung QLED and OLED TVs?

What is the expected lifetime of these TVs? I had read that it was likely to be a maximum of 5 years.

In particular, is there a problem with the tv's heat generation and affecting their displays over time?

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of buying a new QLED or OLED TV. Is there a problem with the long term reliability of Samsung QLED and OLED TVs?

What is the expected lifetime of these TVs? I had read that it was likely to be a maximum of 5 years.

In particular, is there a problem with the tv's heat generation and affecting their displays over time?

LG claim 30,000 hours for oled panels! Screen burn in is a issue if you continue to watch a static image for long periods of time. Most streaming apps like Netflix etc don't have any logos on screen. So it shouldn't be a problem for most people

QLED tvs don't suffer from burn in. But motion is a current problem. For example if you watch a lot of cable TV and sports, expect to see frame rate skips. The judder/stutter effect cannot be fully eradicated from the picture settings on the latest QLED TVs from 2020 unfortunately.

For what it is worth, I bought a Samsung Q90T at the start of the year. And quickly replaced the TV with the LG CX Oled.

cjms100

Mar 19, 2021
Visit site
LG claim 30,000 hours for oled panels! Screen burn in is a issue if you continue to watch a static image for long periods of time. Most streaming apps like Netflix etc don't have any logos on screen. So it shouldn't be a problem for most people

QLED tvs don't suffer from burn in. But motion is a current problem. For example if you watch a lot of cable TV and sports, expect to see frame rate skips. The judder/stutter effect cannot be fully eradicated from the picture settings on the latest QLED TVs from 2020 unfortunately.

For what it is worth, I bought a Samsung Q90T at the start of the year. And quickly replaced the TV with the LG CX Oled.
why did you change from the Q90T to the CX?

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
👇🏻Frame rate issues for Cable TV!!

OuchSamsung

Mar 18, 2022
Visit site
I bought a Samsung Q900R 8K Qled TV in July 2019 for approximately £7,400. I loved the TV, but the screen failed due to a manufacturer issue and my only recourse is to pay a further £2,600 to replace the screen.

I've exchanged emails with the regional CEO and frankly, they don't care!

If you invest in a Samsung flagship TV, be prepared to throw good money after bad in order to enjoy the Samsung experience for more than 2.5 years...

I bought a Samsung Q900R 8K Qled TV in July 2019 for approximately £7,400. I loved the TV, but the screen failed due to a manufacturer issue and my only recourse is to pay a further £2,600 to replace the screen.

I've exchanged emails with the regional CEO and frankly, they don't care!

If you invest in a Samsung flagship TV, be prepared to throw good money after bad in order to enjoy the Samsung experience for more than 2.5 years...
Whilst this sounds inordinately frustrating, please don't make the same post in multiple sections of the forum.

OuchSamsung

Mar 18, 2022
Visit site
Whilst this sounds inordinately frustrating, please don't make the same post in multiple sections of the forum.
It is indeed inordinately frustrating. I respect your forum guidance. With this in mind, where would you suggest I share this experience once on the forum in the hopes it can help and inform the community as a whole? Is there a thread which seeks to track the reliability of platforms? Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts