Old/new Denon hi fi system

robinhood

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site
I have an old Denon hi fi system (D77S) with 2 Tannoy Mercury M2 - B/eye speakers.
It has stopped working and may have to be replaced.

If it has to be replaced, I intend purchasing another Denon system (D-M41DAB) either complete with speakers or excluding speakers and utilising my existing Tannoy speakers.

Would buying the complete Denon system give better sound quality or should I consider just buying the base unit and using the existing Tannoy speakers.

Any info, thoughts etc would be most welcome.

Gray

I have an old Denon hi fi system (D77S) with 2 Tannoy Mercury M2 - B/eye speakers.
It has stopped working and may have to be replaced.

If it has to be replaced, I intend purchasing another Denon system (D-M41DAB) either complete with speakers or excluding speakers and utilising my existing Tannoy speakers.

Would buying the complete Denon system give better sound quality or should I consider just buying the base unit and using the existing Tannoy speakers.

Any info, thoughts etc would be most welcome.
Only you can decide, but first I would be checking if there might be a simple reason why the old Denon has stopped working (such as a blown internal fuse).
Otherwise I'd want to be making use of the Tannoy's with the new Denon system.
Be aware that there have been one or two hints from owners that the 41 may not be quite as reliable in the long term as preceding models.
(My brother bought a 40 on my recommendation. I like it....but I wouldn't be rushing in to buying the 41).

Gray

Thanks for responses to query on old Denon D77S system.

Put into my local tv repair shop and it turned out to be a blown internal fuse.

Repaired for a grand total of £15.00. Brilliant.
That's good.
Although you could have 'repaired' it for pennies, you could have been charged more I suppose (and, let's face it, an unscrupulous repairer could have invented an expensive diagnosis for you) (y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts