Old integrated amp, PS3 & hdmi receiver with KRP-500A

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, i was reading somewhere that the media box (comes with the tv) doesn't take analogue 5.1 setup, so does that mean i can't convert my hi-fi system into a surround system ?.Or have i missed something.The amp is an unmodified Arcam Alpha 9.

Nathan.

A

Anonymous

The idea is to add an av receiver to the amp Dave, just that i haven't finalised the make and model yet
emotion-1.gif
.Hopefully one that is compatible with all the settings of the PS3 and the tv.I also own a set of floorstanding speakers for the fronts and some Musical Fidelity wall mounted speakers for the rear, just the sub is missing.

Nathan.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

It sounds like you just need to find yourself an AV amp / receiver with multi-channel pre out sockets. Plug the front Left and Right pair into your stereo amp and your away. It might be worth looking for an amp that has a mic and automatic EQ as this will help to balance out any differences in response between the two amps and the two different types of speaker. It'll help to integrate them better and also help to counteract problems with your room's acoustics. Audyssey (Denon, Onkyo), MCACC (Pioneer) and YPAO (Yamaha) all seem to work pretty well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts