Old amp with only one input?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks

I am very stuck for space so wanted to get rid of my old amp and CD and replace it with a mini system with DAB radio integrated.

I bought a Onkyo CR-545 mini system however its not as loud or good quality as my old amp, which is a 130 watt Sansui R-303L (not surprising really!) so its going back to the shop.

The main problem with the old amp is that it pre-dates CDs so there is only one input on it, for tape. The phono input is no good for CD as it distorts. Anyone know if there is a way to connect more than one thing to an old amp like this? Can you buy a splitter cable?

Or should I just go and buy a longer speaker cable for the Onkyo so I can hear it better in the kitchen......

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
lulu66:The main problem with the old amp is that it pre-dates CDs so there is only one input on it, for tape. The phono input is no good for CD as it distorts. Anyone know if there is a way to connect more than one thing to an old amp like this? Can you buy a splitter cable?

Use 'Aux' for the CD player.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
lulu66:There is no aux. There is phono and tape!

My apologies.

The large photo of a Sansui R-303 I just pulled up clearly showed an 'aux' selector on the front panel.

My mistake.

A

Anonymous

Aha! That looks like the kind of thing I need. Used to have it going through an equaliser with tape, phono and CD but used to have to keep swapping cables around and it wouldnt fit on my shelf now! Thanks for that, the beast may live to annoy the neighbours a little longer :)

TRENDING THREADS