Old 1995 Arcam based system - still any good?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Arcam Alpha 5+ CD player and Delta 290 Amp have been sitting in the loft for too long! My Mission 752 speakers are in use with my lower end Denon Cinema Amp and Panasonic Blu Ray player.

I'm wondering whether to set that up as a separate HiFi system and maybe get some new speakers for the cinema system.

Does the Arcam and Mission set up still cut it with some of the kit available today?

Thanks

Simon

A

Anonymous

i have an arcam alpha 2 amp and put it side by side next to a newer A70 arcam amp. to b e honest, i think for 70% of music the old alpha is much better

I have the Alpha 7R still in the loft and I compared it to my A65+ and for music there's very little difference. It's only when you listen/watch DVD's does the A65 have more transparency and airy sound. The older Arcams are slightly richer in character.

A

Anonymous

I've got a fully modified Alpha 5+ as my main disc spinner and love it!

A

Anonymous

Did a bit of playing around at the weekend.

Connected up the Arcam CD player to my Denon AVR1906 and took a pre-out to the Arcam Amp to drive the Mission 752 speakers.

Sounded good but not much to compare it against. And it's even more boxes that I haven't got room for!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts