oh the choice.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I am looking to make some changes to my system.

I would appreciate you having a read and letting me know what you think

My system

TV – LG Plasma 50” - QED HDMI’s

AVR – Denon 1911 - QED HDMI’s

CD – Marantz CD6003 - Chord Crimson plus

Speakers – F – B&W 602 S3, R – 601 S3, C - LCR60 S3 - Chord Silver Screen

SUB – Acoustic Energy Radiance - Chord Crimson plus

ipad2 and iphone4s – Spotify Premium – QED RCA

My Room

I will post some pics up tonight

Brief

I have had this set-up for a year now and to be honest it’s the best I have ever had.

But I want it better.

My first obvious solution would be an integrated amp.

Then better room acoustics?

If I have an integrated amp, I will need extra front speakers?

Could I use the 602s for the integrated and get a LCR soundbar to replace the B&W centre for less clutter.

Would I be better off getting an AVR that has inputs for an integrated? Or can I with the 1911?

I have also noticed if I sit to the left or right of the 602s I get a deeper bass. Do you think the 602 is too big for the distance I am from it? Would the 601s be better upfront? I have tried changing the toe but it doesn’t seem to make much difference.

The bass upstairs is very loud just not hen sat in front of the speakers – they are about 12” from the wall and the clarity is lovely – just lacking bottom end head on

I listen on pure direct.

I have also got Apple TV on order so I can stream Spotify, Pictures and video from the iPad2.

Does this mean it can only go to the AVR? In which case Spotify would not stream to the integrated?

Also, can anyone point me towards info on everything DAC. I’m not quite sure how/where.why I would integrate it in to my system at a later date.

I have so many questions that I have sort of buried my head the last couple of months as I just don’t know where to start.

I suppose the first thing you’re going ask is budget?

As you can see from my kit, I don’t have masses to spend; however, I will pay for the right thing.

I would rather new, but second-hand is fine.

The music I listen to varies.

I have been listening to a lot of Ben Howard lately, but also love Noel Gallagher and even BT (‘movement in still life’ is a cracking dance album if you like that sort of thing)

Hit me guys. No idea/suggestion is going to be a bad one - as long as its not silver :p

thanks

Matt

Paul.

matthaskell said:
and even BT (‘movement in still life’ is a cracking dance album if you like that sort of thing)

Very much so, movement is one of my all time faves :). Got the uk version, uk limited, us version all on cd and the white label sampler, fibonacci sequence and uk album on vinyl :)

Have you tried 'this binary universe'? The disk was mastered in dts 5.1 on DVD, so sounds ace on a decent surround sound system.

A

Anonymous

Ah ok :help:

I meant a dedicated Hifi amp.

Told you I was in over my head.

The Denton avr is classed as integrated?

Paul. I have heard binary universe on spotify but if the cd is worth getting I will. That album (movement) just doesn't date.

Paul.

An integrated amp is any amp that has the pre amp stage and the power stage combined in one box, so technically your AVR is an integrated. It sounds like you want to do what the chap in the link did with the berisford doodad...

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/home-cinema/movies-and-music-is-possible

Binary universe is worth it if you can find it on DVD, its the multichannel that does it for me. It's hard to find new at a reasonable price tho as the DVD was a limited run, play have it for £39.99 for instance.

A

Anonymous

I think i need an AVR to run a power amp from.

i currently have the Denon AVR1911, so i assume this will have to go?

If so what would you recommend i change it to?

I will also need a power amp. Can anyone recommend to go with what i already have?

MAtt

A

Anonymous

The_Lhc said:
Fitting an LCR soundbar would be a massive step backwards IMO.

The sound bar would just be for home cinema. Do you still think a step back?

and it could be a large one to fit under the 50" TV

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
matthaskell said:
The_Lhc said:
Fitting an LCR soundbar would be a massive step backwards IMO.

The sound bar would just be for home cinema. Do you still think a step back?

Yes it'll never be as good as separate speakers and it'll be hopeless with stereo.

Doesn't follow, there's acceptable stereo from a Play:5. My QAcoustics QAV LCR uses BMR drivers and gives a reasonable stereo image too. Still be better with separates though, as you say

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts