Occasional Distortion on system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Last night we were watching a DVD (House Season 5) on the tv and there was occasional distortion which didn't relate to any specifically loud sections or anything - it was always talking that caused it. I've thought i'd heard the same occasionally on cds but never with any consistancy so i was looking for ideas as to what it would be?

last night was:
sony bdp350 via hdmi into
sony kdl-32v4000 then chord co cobra 3 into
moon i-1 connected via chord carnival silverscreen to
pro-ac tablette reference signature 8's

The amp's hardly ever turned up loud (i.e. past about 11) and never past about 12, which was the same with my old nad c542 amp.

I remember hearing the same thing on my bdp-550 into onkyo and kef home cinema package, which makes me wonder if its the output levels on my blu-ray players? But having said that i'm sure i have the same with cd's on rare occasions.

Could it be the disc itself since it doesnt happen at frequency extremes and as such would show up on most/all since its the "mid-range"

I can't think of anything I've done that could knacker the system, but you never know!

Any advice would be appreciated.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Ghosts in the machine?

Does it happen at the same time on each occasion? I only ask because I`m sure our fridge causes some occasional interference when it does whatever it does.

A

Anonymous

not noticed with regard to time, but it does happen at the same time on a disc (i.e. last night i skipped back a few seconds to check and it happened again.

the shop i bought the cd,amp and speakers from said try just using the blu-ray straight into the amp which i'll try, but like i said i'm fairly certain it also happens with the cd.

Might swap the moon for the nad amp and see if it persists.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
You get to a point in the evolution of your system some errors on discs do start to show up. The album "Californication" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers is notorious for the distortion it carries.

A

Anonymous

How can you tell?

Is it simpley a case of if it doesn't happen all the time, but only on certain discs then its probably not damaged?

A

Anonymous

Well I checked the output using the RCA direct from the blu-ray player and it still happened, but it also happens on headphones and via the tv speakers so I'm pretty sure it must be the disc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts