NuPrime IDA-16

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

Anyone who heard the NuPrime IDA-16? NuPrime is the 'follow-up' from NuForce, which is a company that was rather succesfull in the high-end class D amps.

Would be great to hear from someone wo actually heard one in real-life.

http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/index.php/pages/pages-overview/integrated-amps/ida-16.html

Concertino

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually bought the ida-16 6 days ago. Crazy powerfull integrated, with built-in ESS Sabre 32/384 DSD DAC. I guess it's just as good as the rave reviews concludes, but this is "a Swiss instrument" kind of amp;

Cystal clear, neutral, powerfull sound. It really grabs the speakers (and listeners) gentlemen parts. But bad recordings and low resoulution music will not sound smooth. You will also need stable digital sources with low jitter, in order to avoid drop outs. Apple Airport is not good enough. (I think several DACs got problems with the AAP)

I am using a Naim Unitiqute as source, re-clocking all signals for the digital coax output to 24/96. Then to coax input on the NuPrime. Totally stable, no drops. I BTW just upgraded my Qute, and right now i'm listening to Tidal HiFi. Probably best sound so far in my flat in HiFi terms, but no romance like i sometimes would prefer. Kudos for absoulute no transformer noise from this unit. Some test says there is no "speaker hiss"/white noise. That is not my findings. On my effective Epos Elan 30 (92/93db?) i can hear some hiss. But not at the level i experience with Naim or similar builds, with worse THD/signal to noise ratio.

An impressive product, but not for the pipe& slippers gen., i would say.

BR,

Erik

Concertino

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
No, i dont think i would call it clinical. But clean/clear sound it is, no added cream/sugar. And its big fun to listen to this amp! ( if it was clinical, it would be boring?)

Amp history: Rega,Naim,Arcam,Rotel,Audiolab,Luxman,Acurus,NAD +.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts