admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Im new to the Hi-Fi scene, (as in, about to purchase my first at 16)
just wondering if any could help me out in letting me know what cables i will need for these Hi-Fi Seperates, thanks

MORDAUNT SHORT AVANT 914i SPEAKERS

DENON PMA500AE AMPLIFIER

NAD C525BEE CD PLAYER

Thanks,

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Also, check out Richersounds. It is probably worth going for the Denon PMA700 which for the moment they have for £150.

A

Anonymous

For £150.00, there are other amps out there that are much better than the Denon, which is your weak link. You could get a relatively new Cambridge Audio 540/640, Marantz PM7200 or even a Rotel RA-02 on E-Bay. A matching NAD amp would not be out of the question either (IMO).

A

Anonymous

Agree, yes there are better options. The Cambridge audio ones are a great staring point-My dad has the 540 teamed with the same model cd player and some kefs and it rocks.

T

the record spot

If you can clap hands on the Marantz PM7200 as an earlier post suggested, you could do very well out of this. Class A operation (built in option) and plenty of beef on tap. It was very well rated when it came out and could be on for a good offer if you can find one in a dealer's or a good secondhand model somewhere.

EDIT: Having read the post below and re-read the OP, woops, silly me! However, the upper case characters in the original post drew my eye to those and then I followed the other threads. That'll teach me, idiot that I am. Well, enough self-flagellating for one post. QED Qunex 2, or Van den Hul "The Name" - good bass, plenty of detail, nice solid cables. I use both of them. Expect to pay around £30 and £55 respectively. Gotham - according to others - also worth a look.

Musical Fidelity kw series.....oh, that was just a teensy weensy little itsy bit of a joke wasn't it? Eh? You are a one!

A

Anonymous

Did not anybody read that this guy is asking for interconnects?

I'm a little tired of allways the same. People take a decision on buying some stuff, asks for something else and always appear the clever guy saying that what he has choosen is wrong and stretching his budget 'a bit'
emotion-8.gif
he would get better sound.

So, to follow the line of the other member of this forum... I can not help you with the cables, but I'd save some more money and I'd buy a complete Musical Fidelity kW series.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
smo:

I'm a little tired of allways the same. People take a decision on buying some stuff, asks for something else and always appear the clever guy saying that what he has choosen is wrong and stretching his budget 'a bit'
emotion-8.gif

So, to follow the line of the other member of this forum... I can not help you with the cables, but I'd save some more money and I'd buy a complete Musical Fidelity kW series.

Yes, it does sound like he has the components in place already. Gothams or Chord Crimson (easier to sell on if you are upgrading in a few years). There is a brand new one on ebay at the moment, selling for £15 plus £3 shipping (brand new - about half the rrp).

T

the record spot

smo:

emotion-8.gif

Actually, if you followed the line of the thread, you'd see that the OP hasn't yet purchased the kit, hence fr0g's suggestion on the 700 which presumably is on at a reduced price. We have no idea what the OP is paying, nor is it our business, but it's a worthy suggestion in the first place, no?

The Marantz PM7200 suggestion is likely to be available for a similar price as what the OP is already likely to be paying perhaps (if he can get one)....that's worthy of a call too to someone who hasn't yet bought the system isn't it?

Nobody is saying he has to buy them, nobody's being a smart *** and it might be he likes the sound of what he's listed, end of story, in which case it's a done deal.

Nice cheap shot at the end though, I'll grant you that. By the by, who has said the OP is wrong in what he's chosen? Has that appeared?

To quote the great Hans Gruber, "I must have missed 60 minutes"...

T

the record spot

Don't sweat the small stuff; in fairness, neither was I at the time....apologies in return.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts