Not Wishing to reignite the Cyrus CD debate........but

A

Anonymous

Sorry having site trouble again. Having read all the recent and not so recent posts re Cyrus Cd problems I wanted a little bit of advice. i had intended to buy a CDXT SE2 to accompany my 8XPD.Can anyone recommend any other players to audition at the same time. I like a fairly bright ,detailed,open sound. Thanks all.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
having had one of the original xtse transports on home dem, i couldn't really hear what it did over and above an old pioneer player or my mac mini, both via optical out. i suppose it would make sense if you absolutely have to match your amp/dac with another cyrus component, visually, but it is a helluva lot of money for what is just a cd transport.

billyblob said:
Sorry having site trouble again. Having read all the recent and not so recent posts re Cyrus Cd problems I wanted a little bit of advice. i had intended to buy a CDXT SE2 to accompany my 8XPD.Can anyone recommend any other players to audition at the same time. I like a fairly bright ,detailed,open sound. Thanks all.

Hi billyblob

I'll recommend Yamaha's CD-S1000/CD-S2000 players. These players feature Yamaha's own superbly engineered transports and the players as whole have excellent levels fit/finsh and massive build quality :twisted: You can see internal pictures of the transports etc. and other information regarding these players as a pdf. on Yamaha's Japanese website.

Btw, the CD-S1000/CD-S2000 sound good too :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

The SE2 shouldnt have too many problems and by all accounts is an amazing player... I wouldnt discount it.

I didnt get the chance to hear it myself but audioned the CD8SE over analogue and was totally amazed at its presentation.... i liked it so much, i bought the company... actually not quite true, i just bought the CD player. still awaiting delivery though.

krlock3

A

Anonymous

Having also auditioned the Audiolab 8200CDQ with both 8200P and 2x 8200MBs I went for the Cyrus.... the audiolab is nice for the price and a very nice player but didnt quite cut it soundwise compared to the Cyrus.

I feel fairly confident that you will feel the same way if you demo both against each other.

I also had a few niggles over potential build quality issues.... when I demoed with the audiolab monoblocks, i was hearing a persistent buzzing sound after the track ended. the buzzing sound went away after some seconds and the dealer told me it was probably because of his electrical network.... but, you know!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Audiolab's strong point is it's DAC, whereas the Cyrus' strong point is it's laser mechanism, which Cyrus developed themselves as a 'hi-fi' CD mech, as opposed to a data mech.

A

Anonymous

Hi David,

I totally see where you are coming from with that and agree wholeheartedly... music from my macbook pro generally sounded better through the Audiolab DAC than via the Cyrus.

However the best sound of all was a good CD recording through the Cyrus.

I therefore had a choice to make.... a) do i receive the very best sound by buying Cyrus, or b) considering I have a lot of lossless music on my computer, go for the overall better choice for music delivered that way.

Trying to figure out which was best for me made making a decision extremely tough indeed. But in the end I knew that if I went for choice b i would always know that im still missing something. So thats why I went Cyrus. The potential build quality issues and the fact that I can always upgrade my Cyrus quite readily in the future, also made me choose Cyrus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts