not another hdmi post

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
so qed have cut the cost of hdmi cable by up to half
and they still make a profit,, so what was there original profit margins i wonder
i mean some people pay up to £150 for hdmi cables 1metre or more,
you can now buy a hitachi plasma 42inch for £399 shipped from japan
to uk so my point is how can new plasma full hd only cost above price

and you pay all that cash for a cable silly if you ask me, you can buy a new tv for the price of two hdmi cables ,whats your opinions on this
also qed state that there materials prices have dropped now that bucks the trend i dont think this is
likley but i will never know .

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Im a bit out of the loop on this

Which QED HDMI are you referring to? What was the price and what is it now? Have you a link?

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:
Im a bit out of the loop on this

Which QED HDMI are you referring to? What was the price and what is it now? Have you a link?
hi alienrik its on the whsv news page

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The manufacturers know we are getting wise to the rip of prices being charged for digital connections,i am all for improving the sound and vision from my TV system but seriously, £150 for a HDMI lead !!

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Some cables are expensive to make

But if you can buy 1m HDMI cables for a quid these days, then the cost of even decent materials and processes cant be that much more. The big cable manufacturers have been ripping people off for decades

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I was just making the point that we're always told that the big cable companies are ripping us off, when in fact the retailer plays a large part in determining the price paid for the cables, and may be making more on that £100 cable than on a £500 piece of electronics...

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
chris hollands:Nothing wong with large margins Andrew,we are all in business to make a big, hopefully large profit margin, it is about value for money,!!

Fascinating

So who do you work for?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts