Noobie needing alot of advice on buying the right system for me!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

OK, so I have decided to buy a new Hi-fi, stereo or muscic centre? As you may of guessed by my opening sentance I have no experience or knowledge about music systems!

I like to control and listen to music from my PC and would like to have an ipod dock if possible, I also like listening to DAB radio and CDs. I have set a £1000 budget, I bought some speakers as reccommended by this website about 6 years ago! They still look fine and sound good to me so I don't think I will be needing to buy replacement ones, however I like to have garden parties and was thinking of running 2-4 speakers out to the garden. I don't know if this is possible!

Also

Normal

false
false
false

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{mso-style-parent:"";
margin:0cm;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
@page Section1
{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt;
mso-header-margin:36.0pt;
mso-footer-margin:36.0pt;
mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
-->

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

fortunately I live in a detached house so no probs with upsetting neighbors, I quite like my music loud sometimes

I was hoping someone might be able to help with some ideas. Or even if this is possible.

Also I have some surround speakers I bought ages ago with a tv system that is sat in the loft cause the missis doesn't like the wires etc... can you buy wireless ones these days?

Told you I was a noobie ! lol

I hope I've not offended anyone with my dumbness !

Thanks

Neil

A

Anonymous

Hi Neill, and welcome to the forums.

Can you tell us what speakers you have, what size room your system will be going in, and what kind of music you like listening to? This will help people give you advice about a suitable amplifier. In the meantime, if you're wanting to use your PC as a source, you might want to have a look at something like this:
http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_duet.html

One more thing, how do you have your files stored on the PC - are they compressed (mp3) or lossless?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts