non sync sound

A

Anonymous

i have just upgraded my home cinema system. i have an lg 650t 3d tv,lg 3d blu ray player,sky hd, yamaha 371 amp and all are connected by hdmi. the problem is when watching sky and older dvds there is a slight delay on the spoken word. you hear the spoken word before the mouths move. any suggestions as to a cure?

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
andrewcrisp said:
first time on the forum!!

Welcome - I was only pulling your leg

I'm not familiar with your amp, but you should be able to introduce an audio delay. You can certainly do this on the Sky box.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply. i did'nt know you could do that on the sky box. i will give it a go.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It's usually caused by the slight delays introduced in the video processing in the source component (Sky or disc player), amplifier and TV cumulatively creating a noticeable delay of the picture, esepcially as the TV will be upscaling the picture from Sky and those older DVDs to 1080p (or the BD player will be doing so in the case of the DVDs), whereas the sound suffers no such delay.

If the problem were just on Sky, then yes, using the Sky box delay to back up the sound a bit to match the picture should get things sorted, but you also have the problem on DVDs, so it's probably best to try tackling these problems with the Yamaha amp's lipsync functions, which you can find explained on p46 of the Yamaha manual.

A

Anonymous

imagine the scene. i am at the computer and my wife is tidying up. "whats this disc?" she says. i say " its the instructions for the amp. you dont get them in a book now. its all on disc". she says " have you looked at the instructions?". i reply " no". i put the disc in and scroll down to settings and lo and behold there is a lip sync setting. she says "typical bloke. not reading the instructions". doh. moral to this is when you get something new read the instructions!!!!!!. thanks for the replies anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts