Non-leaking headphones for office

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear all,

I'm sure that this has come up before, but I can't find it right now: I'm looing for some modestly priced (£50ish) headphones for the office: to be used with a PC and iTunes. They should be closed-back and non-leaking, so that office mates won't be disturbed. Any ideas? AKG? Sennnheiser?

I do have AKG K701s at home and Goldring NS1000s on the road, but both leak and therefore are unsuitable.

Mind you, it'd be great if suggested headphones would do well with the iPod, too.

Thanks a lot.

Hedgehog

A

Anonymous

I use Shure SE110 with the foam buds that effectively seal the sound output from the outside world. I use them in the office and you really can't hear them in place (I know because my colleague has gone up through the range over the years).

A

Anonymous

Thanks, iggle, for the quick reply. I should have made it clear that I was hoping for an over-the-ear design, rather than in-ear.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Hedgehog

A

Anonymous

No worries. Any other ideas (not that you haven't been generous enough with your suggestions elsewhere...)?

H.

idc

I have personal experience that the Sennheiser PX200s hardly leak any sound at all (you need to sit right next to the wearer in a quiet room to hear, if they are playing loud music), but they are on ear. I have read that the AKG K77 do not leak much sound either and are better than the K44s. My experience is of the K44s which are circumaural and closed backed is that they leak sound so someone who is near you in a quiet room can hear you, just.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts