Node 2i and Airplay 2

Drew2

Sep 1, 2020
Visit site
I am a new owner of a Node2i. To get music from Tidal or Amazon HD my source seems to default to Airplay 2. Is that a limiting factor? I thought both of these services send music at a higher quality than Airplay. What am I doing wrong if anything?

Simon 13th note

BANNED
Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
Not really limiting depending on rest of HiFi and audio quality. They do offer higher quality than airplay Because airplay 2 is limited to around cd quality. node Shouldn’t be defaulting to airplay. Just use a digital output into your dac, or the analogue outputs into your HiFi.

Hawkmoon

Feb 19, 2020
Visit site
I use both Tidal and Amazon HD on a Node 2i connected via ethernet. Note that the optimal way for the Node 2i to access these services is using its own network bridge, which requires you to access the services using the BluOS app. If you play Tidal or Amazon from within the BluOS app then the node will do so via ethernet or wi-fi using its own internal network bridge and that gives the best quality, including full access to Tidal Masters in MQA quality. If you use the separate Tidal or Amazon HD apps and send commands to the Node 2i that way, the Node uses Airplay - it is your phone/tablet in that case that is streaming and sending the music to your Node. If you use the BluOS app, the streaming is done by the Node itself. Hope that's clear !

Reactions: Simon 13th note

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts