No sound from Sky HD Box for explosions etc

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can you guys please help?

I've got a Denon 1907 amp and a Sky HD box. I've got the Sky box connected via an optical cable, but whenever watching movies etc through Dolby Digital, all explosions, gunshots and loud noises that occur are not coming through the surround sound. This works when coming through 5ch stereo, so I don't think it's the speakers or the sub. This worked fine before, and admittedly I have messed with the amp recently and it seems to have gone wrong!

Can anybody help me?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Is the Sky box set to output Dolby Digital rather than stereo? Is the receiver defaulting back to taking sound over the HDMI? Is the amp set to decode Dolby 5.1 when available, or is it only processing it in stereo? Are the programmes you're watching actually in 5.1, or just in stereo?

Just a few things to explore...

A

Anonymous

The sound is Stereo.

The digital sound is set to Dolby Digital.

The programs have been HD displaying dolby digital.

The amp is displaying dolby digital.

I don't know what else to do?ÿ

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, Dolby Digital doesn't always mean 5.1 - it can just as easily be 2.0, for example. But it does sound like something is amiss with the settings in the receiever.

As an extreme solution I'd suggest taking the receiver back to its factory defaults - your manual will tell you how - and re-doing the set-up.

A

Anonymous

Btw, brown nosing moment here,

ÿNice to get a reply from the editor.ÿÿ

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Put that nose away - I'm not actually the editor!
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:So no surround explosions, not true, not a fact and not actually the editor - it's not devo18uk's day really, is it?

Well, I changed the subwoofer setup from LFE + Main to LFE and it seems to have cured it. ÿMust have been one of those nights when I was messing about with it, so my day just got better.ÿ

Hands off nowÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts