No sound from optical input on Meridian F80

cj1739

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi. My first post :wave:

I'm trying to output the sound from my Panasonic TX-L42FT60B to a Meridian F80, using an optical cable.

I have the cable connected from the TV optical output to the optical input on the F80 (using a Toslink adapter to connect to the F80) , but cannot get any sound. I've also tried to connect the F80 to my Virgin Tivo box, but again with so sound.

I have 'Optical' selected on the F80. Can someone advise what's going wrong - either with the equipment or with me?

Thanks

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like one of the following

1) The optical output on the TV or Virgn box needs to be turned on

2) The optical audio out on the TV or Virgin box needs to be set to stereo, not Dolby Digital or anything else

3) Something's wrong with the optical input on the Meridian or the cable. Can you see red light when you look at the 'Meridian' end of the cable? Is the adapter properly attached to the cable?

uksteve

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
silly to ask but on the f80 remote keep clicking the aux button.....untill you hear sound from your device..i gather your device connected to the f80 is on...?

cj1739

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the fast replies - much appreciated

Setting the Tivo box to output sound 'Dolby Digital to PCM' has solved the problem

Thanks again :clap:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts