No sound connecting Phillips Flat TV to Pioneer Blu-ray BDP-LX70 or/and with Denon AVC-77??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Can anyone help with the above please? I have tried various options of connecting a left and right plus a centre JVC speaker direct to the Pioneer Blu-ray-no sound just a picture; also direct to the AVC-77 with the Pioneer onto VDP1 and the TV into the Monitor connection, still no sound?

At the moment as the TV has x2 Scart connections, one is being used to connect the TV via the HDMI connecter to the Pioneer Blu-ray and I only get a picture, no sound? Has anyone any ideas apart from getting a newer TV(my Daughter doesn't want to do this?) please?

Regards AliasJC

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, the above is a little confusing, can you confirm exactly what kit you have and what you are trying to achieve?

It sounds like you have a TV with no HDMI input but only Scart inputs, and you are attempting to connect a Blu-Ray player to it via HDMI?

Also, you can't hook speakers directly into the Blu-Ray player - you need a surround sound amplifier in between the two and from what I can see from this Gramaphone review, the Denon AVC-77 is a Pro-Logic Processor, not
an amplifier, desinged to work with Denon mini-systems so this will not work on its own to get sound from the speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts